30 June 2014

Album Review: 5 Seconds of Summer

Hello! 
As many of you may or may not know, I have a little bit of a thing for bands. I don't know what it is, I just absolutely adore them. I'm very versatile when it comes to my music tastes so the songs on my ipod really do range from Justin Bieber to Green Day to Paolo Nutini to Whitney Houston (I do like belting that out when in the shower). Yep, that was embarrassing. Anyway, today I am going to be reviewing the new '5 Seconds of Summer' Album.

5 Seconds of Summer, for those of you who don't know, are an Australian Band consisting of Luke Hemmings, Ashton Irwin, Michael Clifford and Calum Hood. I first saw 5SOS on the One Direction: Take Me Home Tour where they were a support act. I dragged my friend along with me, and we both fell a little bit in love with the boys. I can't believe that they've become such a success story in just a year of me knowing that they exist. So, now that you have a little bit of background on how I found the boys, lets get onto the review. 

I wasn't a crazy fan, and I'm not one of these girls who are absolutely smitten with 5SOS, but I do really adore their music and they all seem like genuinely nice people. Their debut album was released on June 30th 2014 and I picked it up from ASDA for £10. After loving their debut single 'She Looks So Perfect' and their second single 'Don't Stop' I had quite high expectations of the album and I certainly wasn't disappointed. I was one of the lucky kids who's childhood was surrounded by bands like Busted and McFly and I really do think that 5SOS are the new Busted. Well, that sounds a little weird. I think that there is a song on this album for everyone, and the boys look very lovely on the album cover. One thing I really love about the music on the album is that it's not too heavy, but it's not too pop music based either, it's the perfect in-between, which, for someone like me, made the perfect set of music. The songs are soooo catchy and the album even includes the lyrics so you can sing along too! 

Overall, I think the boys have done an absolutely amazing job and I can't wait to see what other things they will be releasing. I wish them all the luck in the world. Amazing Job lads! :)

Lots of Love
Meg x
SHARE:
Post a Comment
Blogger Template Created by pipdig