22 June 2014

The Fault In Our Stars: Movie Review


Yesterday I had my heart broken. I went to watch 'The Fault In Our Stars' and if you don't cry at this movie then I really do question your emotions. I read the book back in February (I was really late reading it) and I immediately fell in love. I'm not going to give anything away in case some people are going to watch the film who haven't read the book, but the story is truly heart breaking. I think I cried more at the film than at the book but I think that was because it was happening right in front of me. I was really lucky, because I've read books before, then been to watch the films and they have completely ruined the book because the characters weren't how I expected or the movie missed some things out, but this movie was amazing because the characters were how I imagined them. The actors were so on point, and they brought the story to life. Shailene made the perfect Hazel and Ansel made the perfect Gus.

John Green really needs to be credited on such an amazing book. As an aspiring writer, he really is one of my inspirations and to see him write such a heart warming (and heart breaking) story is exceptional. So Thankyou Mr John Green for giving us this beautiful story. Anyway, back to the post.

If I had to fault anything about the film, it would probably be that Van Houten wasn't how I'd imagine him to be, but I guess that's just me being picky. However, don't go thinking that the whole film is tragic because it isn't. I laughed a bit too, especially at Isac, played by Nat Wolff, who really made his character so comedic. It was quite hard to hear sometimes, because of the various girls and guys crying, but it just proves how much of a moving story this is.

In a Nutshell, what I'm trying to say is that you HAVE to go to see this film. It is honestly one of the best films I have ever seen. Oh, and please do take some tissues, and don't wear eye make up either because I made that mistake and came out of the cinema looking like a panda.

Okay? Okay.

Meg x
SHARE:
Post a Comment
Blogger Template Created by pipdig