16 July 2014

My Skin Care Routine & Secrets!


Hello! 
So, my skin really matters to me and I like to give it the love and care it deserves. Since the start of High School, I’ve always had spot prone, oily skin (I know, how wonderful!). Having spots, blackheads and shiny skin made me quite self conscious, so I started to try out different products to give my skin the care it needed. I was about 13 when I made this decision and I have never looked back. Having quite sensitive skin, Simple is my favorite brand of product to use as I know that the products won’t do my skin any harm and the best thing is, they’re really affordable so I’m not paying a fortune. This is just a little blog post to tell you a few of my skin care secrets and my skin routine.

Firstly, the most important thing is to exfoliate. I exfoliate my face daily with the ‘Simple Spotless Skin Triple Action Face Wash’ as it helps to fight my oily, spot prone skin. It contains 3 spot fighting ingredients helping to fight spots and blemishes, a natural anti-bacterial which helps to cleanse the skin and absorbs excess oils. The best part is, like all simple products, there’s no artificial perfume or colour so it won’t harm your skin! However, if you’re only battling with oily skin, then I would recommend using the ‘Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Exfoliating Wash’. When my skin is being kind and doesn’t have too many spots, I tend to use this to exfoliate instead as it absorbs the excess oils from my skin and controls shine; perfect!

After exfoliating, I then move on to moisturising. A lot of people with oily skin seem to think that moisturising is a bad idea. According to scientists (I sound so clever!) the skin will only absorb as much moisture as it needs, therefore you should always moisturise after exfoliating just to give your skin that little bit of extra care. I only ever use one moisturiser and it works an absolute treat! I use the ‘Simple Spotless Skin Anti-Blemish Moisturiser’ which leaves my skin feeling soft and cleansed, something I really love about the Simple range. If I have a lot of red spots on my face, which let’s be honest a lot of us do sometimes, I use this moisturiser and it reduces the redness so all I need is a little dab of concealer and then I’m sorted for the day. A lot of these Simple Products say that you can see results from day 1 and when I first saw this, I didn’t really believe it. The amount of products I had already tried out that told me the exact same thing, and within the first day I hadn’t seen a change. Nevertheless, Simple is different. I DID see results from the first day; it really was battling my blemishes which is what I love.

If there’s one thing I hate, it’s when you’re going to a big event like a wedding or party and the night before; Mr Spot pops up and says “I’m going to dump a huge spot on your chin for everyone to see!” I’ve learnt a way to stop this; use the ‘Spotless Skin Rapid Action Spot Zapper’ which reduces the appearance of spots in just 4 hours (literally four hours). I tend to apply this throughout the day where applicable and then just before I go to bed at night.

Before I go to bed, I remove all make up with the ‘Simple Spotless Skin Quick Fix Cleansing Wipes’, use a gentle cleanser on my face, just to make sure that there’s no makeup that has stayed behind, moisturise and then apply my spot zapper where appropriate! Sorted!

Now, I know that was probably a lot to read, but we’re moving on to some little tips I have on getting clear skin. A little secret I found out which works wonders for your skin is drinking Fruit & Barley water and cutting out fizzy drinks. The only thing I ever drank was lemonade, coke and lucozade but the sugar in those drinks was making me break out in spots. I’ve cut out fizzy drinks for over two years now, only having them on certain occasions such as a family meal, in a café or out with friends. Instead, I tend to drink Fruit and Barley water, if you drink water all the time, it can get a little bit boring so this is an alternative. As well as being kind to your skin, its kind to your inside too, providing you with all the vitamins you need, plus it tastes absolutely beautiful! Since drinking this, the amount of spots I have has reduced massively. Additionally, I try to drink at least 3 glasses of water a day, just to keep my skin and body hydrated.

Another good tip is to exercise. Every night after college, I take my dog for a long walk which keeps me and my dog healthy. I also try to walk to more places now instead of going in the car or getting on the bus, even a small jog around the park is enough exercise for the day! Swimming is also a good one, if you’re like me and love water!

So, thanks for reading!
If you have any questions about the products I use or my skin care routine then please don’t hesitate to ask in the comments below!
Lots of love,
Meg x
SHARE:
Post a Comment
Blogger Template Created by pipdig