29 August 2014

August Favourites

Hello Everyone!
Firstly, I want to apologise for not doing a July Favourites post and the reason for it was that I went on holiday and didn't have chance to upload anything beforehand. Anyway, here's my monthly post of the things I've been loving during August, Enjoy!

Beauty



I've been really loving the Soap & Glory 'Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick'. I got this for Christmas in a Soap & Glory make-up collection and I instantly loved it. My favourite shade is the colour 'Nudist' because it's the perfect natural colour, it's not extremely bright so it attracts attention but just subtle enough for people to notice that you have something on your lips. It's the perfect shade of pink. When on, it's not sticky or horrible, it stays in place nicely and your hair doesn't stick to it which I know is the bane of most girls lives. It's absolutely perfect and I really couldn't recommend it enough.


If there's one thing I hate, it's paying a lot of money for something really small which is why I've been on the search for a Mascara that doesn't break the bank but still offers professional results. This search took me a while, and although I love the Rimmel Falsies Mascara, I have found a new gem. This is the 'Miss Sporty Studio Lash Instant Volume' Mascara and it works an absolute treat. Instantly, my lashes had immense volume and the best part is that it was only £3 from Superdrug! Definitely worth purchasing and trying it out. 




Since I started College last September, my nails are never not painted. The Barry M 'Gelly Nail Paint' was on offer in Superdrug so I had to go and purchase some. I'd heard some good reviews of them so it was a good chance for me to try them for myself and they don't disappoint. I would recommend putting two coats of the nail paint on in order to get the high shine effect which looks really gorgeous. My favourite colour is the 'Sugar Apple' which is on the left hand side. It's a really pale blue which looks so cute, and with that colour of blue being my favourite, it was definitely one I had to purchase. The polish in the middle is called 'Green Berry' and is a really vibrant blue which was perfect for the summer months. Finally, the light pink nail polish is 'Rose Hip' and it's the perfect natural shade which is perfect for both Summer and Winter. However, one recommendation I would make with these nail polishes is to use a top/base coat because they do chip quite easily.


This little gem is an absolute god send. If you have spotty skin, like most of us do, and your spots always seem to appear when you're going to a party or somewhere important then this is the on-the-go spot solution. This is the Simple 'Rapid Action Spot Zapper' which zaps spots in up to four hours. I use this as a quick and simple spot solution and it really does work. It's worth every penny!


Being a very busy girl, washing my hair every single day can be a pain. I tend to wash it every other day but in between washes, I use the 'Batiste Dry Shampoo' to keep my hair feeling and looking clean and refreshed. The fragrance is perfect and it works a treat. It may be a little bit pricey and there are cheaper brands on offer but I wouldn't use anything but Batiste, the best by far!


Now, I'm not too sure if this is beauty related but I think that it is. Since I uploaded my last blog post, I've received a few messages from people asking me how I did my hair. Well to answer your questions, I didn't do anything to my hair apart from let it dry naturally. I always heat styled my hair but since we went on holiday and I started to let my hair dry naturally, I fell in love with it. It does lack a little bit of volume at times but overall it looks really nice and it has reduced the amount of split ends I had by a large amount. So my final beauty favourite for this month is Natural Hair.

Fashion


I found these gorgeous necklaces from Primark for £3. They're a little bit weird at first but when you get them on correctly, the look absolutely gorgeous and for £3, they can't be beaten!


A few years ago, for my 13th Birthday, my Mambly and Grandad got me a Charm Bracelet from Thomas Sabo and each year I update it with different charms that have some meaning to me. I've been wearing my charm bracelet a lot lately and I love each and every one of the charms that have been given to me. Being a weird little drama kid, my latest charm was for my 17th Birthday which is the Drama Masks from one of my really close friends Amber. 



My final fashion favourite for this month is my beautiful little playsuit from Peacocks. It has little watermelons printed over it and is perfect for both summer and winter (I'm planning to wear this with tights in the winter, I'm not too sure how the overall look will be but it's worth a shot).

Random

If you read my 'June Favourites' post, then you'll know that each month, I'll be recommending a book for you to read. This month, my favourite book has been 'Dash and Lily's Book of Dares' by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn. The novel follows a notebook's journey around New York as two young teens journal their lives to one another, slowly falling in love in the process. I'm not going to give too much away, but it's such a cute book which also made me laugh in parts too (Lily is definitely a character I can relate too).

I want to apologise for the awful quality of photos, but they were taken on my phone. I'm having my room decorated at the moment and I absolutely love the beach hut theme which is what I am going for. My favourites for this month are my gorgeous fairy lights which are hung over my bed and look so cute when it goes dark. I love sitting and writing down ideas for stories or reading books underneath my fairy lights, I feel like a real 'Tumblr Girl' without the pretty face! I also love the cute little slogans I picked up from my travels in Newquay from the tiny vintage shops. I'll probably do a blog post about my new room when it's finished.

Finally, as I don't have any photos for this. I've really been loving George Ezra's new album along with The 1975 who I also think are amazing. I cannot wait for the new series of X Factor to start and everyone should support the band Only The Young who have worked so hard for their success. I wish you all the luck in the world guys!

Lots of love,
Meg x


            Twitter          Tumblr           Good Reads          Polyvore          Instagram      
SHARE:
Post a Comment
Blogger Template Created by pipdig