25 November 2014

Being Positive!


Recently, I've realised the importance of leading a positive lifestyle. As I told you in my previous blog post, I have anxiety, and it's not something I'm ashamed of. At the end of the day, it's part of who I am. Something that helps me deal with anxiety is to lead a fairly positive lifestyle. 

It's well known that I am a prone worrier, I worry about the stupidest little things and like everyone, I have my bad days. I always try to please other people with what I do, even if it means making myself unhappy and whilst sat on a beach in sunny Cornwall watching the waves crash against the rocks, I realised that this needed to stop. 

There's so much pressure on people nowadays; work, finding jobs, exams, applications, family issues, bullying, university/college places etc and it really grinds them down, especially when things don't go the way you want them too. But, at the end of the day, whether you believe it or not, your life is mapped out, and one day you'll look back and be glad things didn't turn out the way you once wanted them too. If you don't get that job that you wanted, then it wasn't meant for you; if you fail that exam, then it's motivation for you to work harder. Everything happens for a reason, and although this reason may not be clear at times, it will become clear in due course. 

Trying to be positive is hard, especially when everyone around you is dragging you down but just do what makes you happy and what makes you smile. Also, try and make someone else's life positive. Just a simple little smile can really brighten the day of someone who is hurting so much inside. Whatever will be will be, we spend too many days worrying about yesterday and you can't change it, but you can change the future. If you want a different result, then make a different choice. 

After trying to be positive, as hard as it may be sometimes, it really does benefit me. I feel that I'm happier as a person and more confident. You just need to learn to stop caring about what people think about you, if they criticize then so what, you're one step ahead of them because they don't have the courage to do what you're doing. I also display positive quotes around my room and around the house (I sound like I live in Augustus Waters' House) but it just helps as a little reminder that it cannot rain forever and one day, you will be happy. 

¡Hakuna Matata!
Lots of Love,
Meg x
SHARE:
Post a Comment
Blogger Template Created by pipdig