1 January 2015

2014 Highlights and my hopes for 2015

Happy New Year Everyone!
I can't believe it, it's finally 2015. As crazy as it seems, it doesn't feel real that we're in another year. It's January again; I'm turning 18 in 6 months (CRAZY) and as I'm sat here, writing to whoever wants to read this, I've been thinking about everything that's happened to me this year. I'm not going to lie and make things seem better than they actually were; 2014 was quite a crappy year for me, not a lot went right, however some things did go to plan, and a lot was thanks to my amazing family and friends who've helped me through everything and been there to make me laugh and as a shoulder to cry on when times got really hard. In this blog post, I'm going to take you through my highlights of such an eventful year.






So obviously, if any of you follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@megangoodier if you don't) you'll know that I've met boyband Union J quite a few times this year. There have been some of the highlights of the year because at these events and signings, I've met so many wonderful friends and made so many hilarious memories. Also, why we're on the topic of Union J, I got their new album for Christmas and I really would recommend checking it out; it's fab!


As I mentioned previously, my family have helped me so much throughout this year and spending time with them has been one of the main highlights of 2014. This photo was taken at my Grandma and Grandad's 61st Wedding Anniversary meal. We're missing my little pooch, but I cannot thank these amazing people enough for supporting me. I'm really lucky to have such a supportive family, whether it's been passing my A-Levels or working and getting published by my local newspaper, they've been with me every step of the way with support and guidance and I couldn't ask for better people to be surrounding me. Okay soppy time over now, sorry!



So these two photos were taken at my 17th Birthday meals. I went for one meal with my family and another meal with my friends. Without these people, my birthday wouldn't have been as amazing as it was, especially being sung to in Italian by the whole restaurant which came as a little bit of a surprise. I've never been one to think birthdays were really special, but I can truly say that it was one of the best birthdays I have ever had and I cannot wait to celebrate my 18th Birthday with my family and friends this year (God that sounds so weird doesn't it, there's no way I'm mature enough to be turning 18)





I'm not going to lie, Summer 2014 was fricking amazing! Not only did I get to work for my local newspaper but I also passed my A-Level Exams which means I'm one step closer to going to Uni which I never thought I would ever be saying. The summer barbecues and parties were some of the best I have ever been too, sitting around in the garden at night, singing along to old 80's songs! Then it came to my favourite part; CORNWALL! It's one of my favourite places in the UK, we go every year without fail and it holds a special place in my heart; I couldn't imagine not going down there. This year, I was lucky enough to go swimming with dolphins in the sea as well as going to see 'Oh What A Lovely War!' at the famous Minack Theatre with Mother Goodier; it was such an awesome summer man!


Here I am with my lovely little Drama crew. This is us just before we performed our Drama Exam of 'Teechers' written by John Godber. I absolutely love this photo; we all became like one little family and that day was one of the best days of the year; not only did the performance go better than expected, we all passed our exam with flying colours!


Another highlight of the year was having this iconic photo taken with the legend that is Eric Morcambe. Ever since I was a little girl, I've always wanted to go and visit this iconic landmark and this year I finally got to do it! Nothing cheers me up more than this photo. Bring me Sunshine in your Smile! :)


Okay, so this is a little bit random, but I've included the rest of my family higher up in the post and I couldn't not include my little pal Buddy! I don't know what I'd do without this little dude to give me cuddles and listen to me when I'm upset. Even though he can't speak back to me, which is a bonus in some ways, he gives me so much love and looks after me when I'm unwell (you'd be surprised). I couldn't ask for a better little companion to be walking into 2015 with; love you little buddy!


If you read my blog, you'll know that this year I finally met my friend of 2 years Sarah. It was so nice to meet such a genuinely lovely person and there's no doubt we're going to be friends for hell of a long time. Also, this year, I met Michelle who flew all the way from Holland to Liverpool in order to spend here Birthday over here with us. It's been so wonderful to finally meet people who I've been speaking to for so many years.



The pictures above are of College. Now, I didn't particularly enjoy my first year of college, but since I've walked into my final year, I'm so much happier. I have the best laughs with these girls and I cannot wait to see what 2015 brings for us all! Wooooo! Also, the top photo is of my English Class with our English Teacher before she left, it's safe to say we were all pretty gutted!


Finally, the concerts I've been to have provided me with some of the best memories of the year. I went to Boardmasters Festival down in Cornwall, but the last day was cancelled due to a hurricane (eventful I know) nevertheless it was absolutely amazing. I would put some photos on but my camera died. They should invent some form of charger that you can take to festivals with you...yeah that would be pretty cool. As previously posted on my blog, I went to see The Vamps on their headline tour and I cannot wait to go and see them again next year with Union J supporting.

So, that was some of the highlights of my year. There have been hell of a lot more memories, but those are just some of the best. It's crazy to think that all that has happened in just one year, just 365 days and so much has happened. Now, I'm sat here in front of my log fire with my hot chocolate and we're in 2015. I'm determined to make 2015 my year; as cheesy and weird as that sounds. I'm going to make this year a good one. I'm stopping with all the negativity and the negative thoughts about everything and I'm going to have a positive 'can do' attitude. I just want to be happy and instead of constantly relying on other people; I'm going to take control of my own happiness and do more of what makes me happy!
My Goals for 2015/Things I'm looking forward too

  • Pass my A-Levels and actually get into University
  • Keep a Diary (I say this every year and so far, I've kept to it. Diaries tend to make good reading when you're bored, you realise how deluded and stupid you were the year before)
  • Meet Erica, Ellen, Steph, Caitlin, Katy, Abbey and Ellie (Friends who I need to meet very soon)
  • Go to Disney
  • Be happy
  • Stay Positive
  • Do more of what makes me happy
  • Weddings
  • Performing as Frenchy in Grease
  • Turning 18
  • The Vamps & Union J
  • Take That
  • University
  • Summer!
HAPPY 2015 MY LOVELIES! I hope it's a cracking year for you and I hope that you make it a good one. BRING IT ON!

Lots of love,
Meg x 
SHARE:
Post a Comment
Blogger Template Created by pipdig