25 February 2015

February Favourites


Hello!
I haven't done a favourites post in a while, I meant to do one in January but I just didn't get around to doing one so I apologise for that. February is coming to an end and in this blog post, I'm going to be talking about all of the things I've been loving throughout the first part of 2015.
Enjoy!


One of my first favourites of this month is the new book from blogger and youtuber Tanya Burr, I recently did a review of 'Love Tanya' on my blog and you can check out my thoughts on it here


This is a little bit of late post, and it was definitely going to be in my January favourites, but this month I have been absolutely LOVING '1989' by Taylor Swift. I got this album for Christmas, it was a long torturous wait, and when I heard it for the first time I think I fell in love, I'm not going to lie, I listen to this album at least once everyday. I absolutely love Taylor and I think this is her best album yet. If you haven't purchased it then please make sure you go and get it because it truly is amazing. I love the vintage polaroid theme Taylor has going on too. If you do get the album, I recommend the songs 'Style', 'Wildest Dreams' and 'How You Get The Girl'. 


Yet again, I'm very very very late putting this on but I've actually only just watched it. Of course, we all went through the cup song phase where we would all wow our friends with the magic we could perform with a cup, and this was actually taken from movie 'Pitch Perfect' which I have been desperate to see for years. Finally, I managed to purchase it and I think it's my new obsession!



Now we move on to make up and this season, I'm completely loving lipsticks, I was never normally a lipstick sort of girl, but since I performed in Grease, I've become completely obsessed with lipsticks. Taylor Swift has been completely rocking the classic red lip these past few months and as she is one of my style icons, I thought I'd follow the trend a little bit. Normally, I'd go for quite natural shades like a baby pink but instead I went for a deep red and I must say, it looks absolutely gorgeous. This is from the Rimmel Kate Moss collection and it's in the colour 107. I think I wear this every time I go out, I'm completely obsessed with it! Definitely my favourite product of the post!

This is the Soap & Glory 'Super Cat' liquid black eye liner pen which I was given for Christmas. Normally, eye liner and I don't really go well together because I find it so hard to apply. No matter how many tutorials I watch or how many attempts I have, it never goes the way I want it too. This is why when I was given this for Christmas I was absolutely thrilled because I'd seen some amazing reviews about it and I wanted to try it myself. Firstly, the pen makes the eye liner so easy to apply and style to the way you want it to look. The application is smooth and the eye liner itself lasts for absolutely ages. I'd definitely recommend going and buying some.

Yet another lovely Christmas gift; this is the Maybelline 'Falsies' mascara and I have to say that I think this is my all time favourite mascara. I've tried many of the cheaper brands in the drug stores, but this is the best I have purchased by a long mile. The brush makes the application really easy and the results are incredible; my lashes are more defined and it really does give the false lash effect. I would definitely recommend to buy this, honestly, it's fabulous!

Make up is never complete without a little touch of eye shadow and my final make up favourite for the start of 2015 is these gorgeous colours from Soap and Glory. I have been wearing these a lot recently when I've been going out to different parties and things. I particularly like to mix the gold shade on the left hand side with the brown shimmery colour in the middle, sometimes adding a little bit of the black if I'm going for a smokey eye look. I absolutely love the Soap & Glory eye shadows, they always come in beautiful colours and they look absolutely amazing on the eyes. From left to right the colours are 'Aubersheen', 'Taupe Cat' and 'Smokin''

Everyone loves to smell nice and the scent I've been loving recently is 'Alien' by Theirre Mugler. I completely love this fragrance, it's so sophisticated and it lasts for ages. I got this for Christmas and I absolutely love it, I don't know if you can tell from the photo but I'll be running out of this soon so I'm definitely going to be purchasing some more!

I've been on the hunt for a leather jacket that I liked for around 3 months now. I know what you're thinking, it can't be that hard to find a nice leather jacket, well let me tell you that when you don'y suit black leather jackets and the only reasonably priced leather jackets were black, it was a little bit of a nightmare. Anyway, when shopping last week, I picked up this gorgeous cream leather jacket from Miss Selfridge. I recently used it in my previous blog post. Since purchasing it, I don't think I've worn any other jacket. I absolutely adore it and it looks amazing with scarves to keep you warm in the chilly winter months. I've never really been a person to suit leather jackets but I really love this one. It's £34.30 for a limited time only and you can also get 10% Student Discoutnt. The link to the jacket is here.

So thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you enjoyed reading about what I've been loving in the first few months of the new year! What have been some of your favourite products? Let me know in the comments!
Lots of Love
Meg x
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig