7 April 2015

A Weekend of Relaxation


Hello!
Happy Easter!
This weekend has been a lovely weekend for me, firstly because it's Easter and secondly because I was able to spend it with my family. We went to Blackpool, like we do every Easter, and we had the nicest weekend, possibly the best Easter weekend we've ever had. It's been a weekend of relaxation, beach walks and even a little bit of retail therapy. 


We spent a lot of the weekend walking along the beaches that surround the beautiful Fylde Coast, especially Cleveleys. It was so refreshing to just feel the sea breeze on your face as you walked. Typically, my Dad and I stood at the sea front and skimmed stones into the sea, even though I couldn't do it and my stones tended to go 'plop'. I also wrote my name in the sand, because who doesn't do that when they go to the beach? Blackpool is well known for it's large shopping complex and, in my personal opinion, the best Primark in the country. I purchased the cutest Bikini from Peacocks, and Miss Selfridge also have some gorgeous pieces in, if you're wondering where is selling some really nice things this Spring/Summer. 


Now, for one of the best parts of the weekend. Easter Sunday is one of the worst days of the year for me; nowhere opens and it's so quiet meaning that quite frankly, there's absolutely nothing to do. My parents and I decided to take a trip to the Manjushri Kadampa Meditation Centre in Ulverston. We regularly visit the Temple as it provides a space where we can clear our mind and just take some time to appreciate our surroundings. The calmness of the Temple and it's grounds was unbelievable, no one was stressed out and rushing around, it was just the perfect place to be able to relax and spend some time with my family. After having a home-made afternoon tea, which was delicious by the way, we were then invited to take part in the meditation session taking place in the temple. My mind has never felt so clear, at ease and relaxed. I'm being put under a lot of stress at the moment from college, and to be able to go and just clear my mind was the loveliest thing in the world. The design of the temple is made from pure shimmering gold, and the attention to detail is astounding. I can't wait to visit the Temple again in the Summer!

See you soon!
Lots of Love,
Meg x
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig