12 April 2015

My Fresh Spring Makeup Tutorial


Woah! Large close up of my ugly mug there (sorry guys!)
Hello!
So, I posted this photo on Instagram a couple of days ago (@megangoodier) and I had quite a few messages asking me to cover this make-up look because a lot of you said that you really liked it. I don't really try a lot with my make-up, I just do it the way I want to do it and the way I think it suits me so for people to say that they liked my make-up, let alone request a tutorial to see the products that I used, really meant a lot to me. So today, I'm going to do a tutorial (via blog, wow we'll see if this works) as to what products I used to create this natural spring make-up look.  Just a quick disclaimer before I do start; all products were purchased by me, and in no way am I a make-up artist or professional, this has been requested, so I'm gonna do it! OH and one last thing, this is my first sort of tutorial thing, so I'm sorry if it's rubbish!
Lets get on with the show!


These are all the make-up products I used for this look! Now, don't forget that you can change them to suit your skin, you really don't have to use what I used at all. I do use foundation, but not on a daily basis, as I feel that it clogs up my pores and I like to let my skin breathe so I only really wear foundation on special occasions. In case you wanted to know what I've done with my hair, I plaited it to the side, and then pulled out little bits of the plait to make it quite chunky and messy (the messier the better). I then pulled out little strands on the opposite side to my plait just to frame my face a little more, and there you have it! I've never been able to plait my hair before, it's always been too short, so I'm glad I can plait it now! What do you guys think? 

Sorry, I've gone off track again! Before putting my make-up on, I ex foliated with my 'Simple Triple Action Face Wash' and moisturised with my 'Simple Anti-Blemish Moisturiser'. If you want to find out a little bit more about my skin care routine, I did a blog post about it here!


Firstly, instead of applying foundation, I apply my 'Soap & Glory' tinted moisturiser all over my face and neck. It gives a really nice bronzing glow which I love!


I then apply my favourite concealer at the moment which is the 'Rimmel Wake Me Up' concealer in the colour 'Ivory'. This best matches my skin tone and it covers up blemishes so well! I place this under my eyes to cover any dark circles and over any small blemishes or redness I may have, I dab this in with my 'Real Techniques Buffing Brush'. 


Next up, I apply my favourite powder 'Rimmel: Clear Complexion Power' in the colour 'Transparent'. It contains natural minerals and actually minimises pores as well as the amount of blemishes caused by make-up. This is the best powder on the high street, definitely! I use my 'Real Techniques Powder Brush' to apply my powder, and I tend to put it over my cheeks, chin and T-Zone just to set my concealer and foundation (if you choose to use it). I then blend it all in, blending is so important!




Now onto eyes. As you can tell from the photo that I used as the header, I haven't really done a lot with my eyes. I used this eye shadow by 'Miss Sporty' in the colour 'Classy'. This is a really cheap make-up brand, perfect if you're just after a single colour. I absolutely love this shade as it's neutral and provides a really natural colour for the eyes. I use my 'Real Techniques Eyeshadow Brush' to apply this shadow.


I'm not actually wearing any eye liner because I wanted to wear as little make-up as possible, but if I do use eye liner, I use the 'Soap & Glory Supercat' liquid liner, it's my favourite! Anyway, after applying my eye shadow, and sometimes eye liner, I then go on to apply my mascara. I used my 'Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Voluminous Mascara' as it's one of my favourites and I absolutely love it. It just gives the right volume for the eye lashes; perfect!


I'm so fussy when it comes to blusher, I can never find the perfect shade. I used the 'Limited Collection' blusher from Marks and Spencers in the colour 'Melba Blush'. It's the most lovely shade of pink and gives the look a little glow, really complimenting the lip gloss which gives a classy finish to the look. I use my 'Real Techniques Cheek Brush' to apply the blusher to the top of my cheek bones. Then, BLEND!


Finally, to finish the look, I used my 'Tanya Burr' Lip gloss in 'Chic' which is the perfect natural pink shade. I absolutely love this colour and it lasts for ages. 

Then, that's my make-up look complete! Tell me what you guys think in the comments.
See you soon!
Lots of Love,
Meg x
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig