10 January 2018

My Top 5 Places to Shop in Disneyland Paris

Recently, I've been missing the Disney bubble. I miss the characters, the music, the shows and the rides but most of all I miss browsing around the shops after the park has closed. I know you don't go to Disney to shop but at some point, you will find yourself browsing down Main Street picking up souvenirs and presents for family and friends. 

I'll admit that shopping in Disneyland Paris can be daunting - there are so many shops and you want to make sure that you're not missing out on your ideal piece of Disney merchandise. I find it easiest to shop on the last day of my trip or when I'm waiting for Main Street to clear so that I can get my photos in front of the Castle. Although most of the shops are a repetition of one another, I thought I'd narrow it down and share my top five places to shop in Disneyland Paris. 


World of Disney

I'm going to kick things off with the shop of every Disney fan's dreams. Situated in the Disney Village, it's the biggest shop selling everything you could ever want; homeware, clothes, toys, pins, plushes - it's all there! It stocks rare, one-off pieces that can't be found anywhere else in the park and is the perfect layout for a Disney fan to browse - it's so big you'll have to take a seat on the circular benches in the middle of the shop. If you're looking for a last minute gift for a friend, World of Disney is the place to be. 

Galerie Mickey

If you've read my previous blog posts, you'll know how much I love the boutique in the Disneyland Hotel. You'll find this magical place on the first floor of the Disneyland Hotel, stocking a selection of accessories, collectables and clothing. Just a quick tip for you: if you're after a unique or rare pin, then this shop will most likely have what you're looking for. It's normally really quiet and the staff are lovely too. Also, the window displays are the most beautiful I have ever seen! 

Thunder Mesa Mercantile Building

This is definitely one of my favourite shops in terms of theming and they always have such rare items that you won't find anywhere else in the park. If you couldn't tell from the name, you'll find this western inspired shop next to Thunder Mesa and right in front of Big Thunder Mountain. It's based both indoor and outdoor, stocking Wild West clothing, old style sweets, Disney themed clothing and refreshments. I only discovered this shop in June but it's quickly becoming one of my favourites. 

Lilly's Boutique 

There are many reasons why this shop has made it into my top 5 but I think the main reason is the authentic, homely feeling you get when you walk through the doors. Walt dedicated the shop to his wife and if you look above the fireplace, you'll find photos of Walt and Lillian. It's the small personal touches that make me feel so close to Walt, and I'm sure it'll do the same for you too. Situated on Main Street, it represents the 'home sweet home' motto, selling everything you could ever want for a Disney inspired home; candle holders, photo frames, crockery, mugs - I always buy my Mum something from Lilly's, I think she's got every single tea towel Disneyland Paris have ever sold. 

La Chaumiere De Sept Nains

Also known to me as the Snow White shop, you'll find this magical place in Fantasyland, opposite the Carousel. I remember shopping in here as a child and it's still one of my favourite places to visit. Explore the forests, watch the woodland creatures play and visit Snow White's cottage as you browse through a wide selection of costumes and Princess themed merchandise - its every little girl's Princess dream. There used to be a Snow White figure in the cottage when I was younger but sadly, they've taken her away. 

So there you have it, my top five places to shop in Disneyland Paris. It was so hard to narrow the list down to just 5 as I like to browse all of the shops around the park, even if they do sell the same thing. My other favourite places to shop include Main Street Emporium, Flora's Boutique, The Pin Trading Stand and Sir Mickey's Boutique. 

Where's your favourite place to shop when you go to Disneyland Paris?

Lots of Love,
Meg
xxx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig