30 December 2020

What I Got For Christmas 2020

 


Okay, serious question before I start; does anyone actually know what day it is? 

I don't know about you but I'm completely disorientated; I don't know if I'm coming or going and all I seem to be doing is drinking copious amounts of Baileys coffee, eating my body weight in celebrations (malteasers are my fave), and lets not even mention the confusion of the bank holiday. 

It's all been worth it though, for what is always my favourite time of the year. I know Christmas hasn't been the same for many of us this year and it's been unexpectedly tough, but I hope you all had a lovely day regardless. So many of you have been in my thoughts and I hope you were able to spend some time with your loved ones or at least celebrate with a phone call or a FaceTime. I had a very different Christmas this year but it was lovely nonetheless. I spent it with my family watching some classic films, eating a lot of food and walking around the house in every wearable gift I received. 

I know I've been quiet on my socials over the festive season due to me wanting to spend as much time with my family as possible. I'm also aware that I've neglected my blog for the past few months, this was due to family circumstances but I've taken some time away and I'm ready to get my blog thriving again in the new year. 

I wasn't going to write my What I Got For Christmas post this year as I didn't want it to seem insensitive; I know it's been a strange year and a tough Christmas for many. However, it's one of my most popular posts and I didn't want to break in tradition (I've been writing these posts for the past four years!). As always, I'm not writing this to brag or be all look at me, I genuinely love reading these posts and having a little nosy at what you all got for Christmas and I know some of you do too! 

So, enough rambling from me and let's get on with it! 


If you're anything like me, you'll have lived in your loungewear this year so I was very excited when I opened this gorgeous grey loungewear set from my Mum and Dad. I asked for some nice loungewear for Christmas, I wanted something that was comfy but also nice enough that I could wear it to just nip to the shops. This is absolutely perfect; the material is so soft, it's super cosy and the flared trousers are so flattering. I know the photo doesn't do it justice but I haven't taken it off since I opened it (I'm currently wearing it as I write this haha!). 


Last year I read Everything I Know About Love by Dolly Alderton and it's one of the best things I have ever read. It's a memoir about love, life and the importance of friendship. If you haven't read it, then please get it added to your reading list because it's honestly amazing and I promise you won't regret it. This year, Dolly released her first fictional novel called Ghosts and with how much I banged on about her first novel, my Mum and Dad knew I'd love to open it on Christmas morning. I already can't wait to start reading it because I just know it's going to be BRILLIANT! 


If you read my 2020 Resolutions at the start of the year, you'll know that I wanted to get my ears pierced. Well, I finally did it and I can't believe I put it off for so long because it didn't hurt one bit. Obviously I'm going through a phase with earrings at the moment (I just want every pair that I see) so I was incredibly grateful to receive these gorgeous earrings from Pandora; some rose gold sparkling hoops and three adorable little daisies. 

These were my main present from my Mum and Dad this year and I don't think anything can justify just how beautiful they are. They're sparkly, subtle and stunning - the perfect earrings for me. Plus they also match two Pandora rings that I have which I absolutely love. I'm so incredibly grateful, I'm in awe of how stunning they are. 


In true yearly tradition, my Mum and Dad got me my diary for 2021. I love keeping a diary and I write in it every night before I go to bed; usually rambling about what I've done with my day and journalling down my thoughts. It's incredibly therapeutic and something I enjoy reading back on to see how much I've changed. My Grandma also bought me a box of Lindt chocolates, another annual tradition that we have. It's not Christmas without a box of Lindt Lindor chocolates, they're my absolute favourites! 


I also received some of my essential make up bits; my holy grail products so to speak. My Mum and Dad got me some of my favourite No7 HydraLuminous foundation which I love because it gives your skin such a natural flawless glow, as well as my go-to Benefit RollerLash mascara. My Grandma also knew I needed some new beauty blenders so very kindly got me my favourite Real Techniques blenders as well as some money from her and my Grandad to treat myself to some more earrings. 


There's so much I love about Christmas; the festive cheer, drinking hot chocolate at the Christmas Markets and the fact that Lush start selling Snow Fairy again. Another generous gift from my Mum and Dad was a bottle of my favourite Snow Fairy shower gel because I'm absolutely obsessed with the scent of everything in this range. It literally leaves my bathroom smelling of all the sweet stuff. I also got a pink fluffy long hot water bottle which is going to be an absolute saviour for that time of the month or for me to just cuddle on a night (single life, woo!). 


One of my favourite family traditions is playing board games at Christmas. When I was younger, I used to get a new game every year for us all to play on Christmas Day evening after we'd stuffed ourselves with food. Then I got older and the board games stopped. This year however, Mum and Dad thought they'd bring back the tradition and bought me the new edition of one of my favourite games Five Second Rule with the Five Second Rule Spintesity version. I'm very excited to play it, I know it's going to be absolutely hilarious; especially after a few drinks. 


And finally my Mum and Dad very kindly treated me to a bottle of my favorurite Gordon's pink gin to enjoy over the festive season. I actually finished my Gordon's lemon gin on Christmas Eve so this was perfect timing. There's not much more that can be said really, Christmas and Gin - what more could a girl want? 


It's been a tough year for all of us in work this year; whether you've been a key worker, working in non-essential retail, hospitality or forced to work from home. I've been furloughed twice this year due to Boris closing non-essential retail but my bosses and I have always kept a smile on our faces and I'm so thankful to still have a job that I love. This year my bosses were so generous and gifted me this gorgeous Louis Vuitton Scarf (I'm forever wearing scarves in work) and a lovely little pamper set including a bottle of prosecco, a candle and a gorgeous glass. I'm so grateful to work for such wonderful people. 


My lovely friend Kayleigh very kindly bought me some mini body butters and a gin drinking mason glass saying Let The Fun Be Gin containing a straw and two mini bottles of gin inside. It'll be perfect for when we're allowed to go out again, I already can't wait to get dressed up and go out dancing; we've got a lot of celebrating to catch up on! 


Finally, my lovely friend Sarah bought me this cute Soap & Glory Gift set containing some body wash and a body butter as well as this Fizz-A-Ball bath bomb which smells absolutely divine. I absolutely love Soap & Glory stuff and I've used it from being a teenager so I'm always grateful of things to add to my collection. How lucky am I to have such thoughtful friends!? 

I also received some other very thoughtful gifts including some more chocolate, a bottle of wine and more pairs of earrings. I've been so incredibly spoilt this year and I know I keep saying it but it's been such a tough year and I'm so grateful to have such thoughtful people around me. It's made me realise I don't appreciate them enough but I'm truly blessed to have them; their kindness and generosity astounds me.

I hope you all had a lovely time celebrating Christmas and that you enjoyed having a little nosy at some of the things I got. I'd love to be nosy and know what was under the tree for you this year, so leave me a comment and let me know!

Lots of Love,
Meg x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig