27 December 2016

What I got for Christmas 2016

Merry Christmas Everyone!
I know I'm a little late wishing you a very happy Christmas, but it's better late than never. I hope you all had a lovely day spent with loved ones and ate lots of yummy food! I thought I'd take a break from the Disney Halloween posts for a while and talk about the festive season; my blog has been lacking festive cheer and I felt that it was time we changed that. After asking on Twitter, and getting a really good response, I'm going to be sharing some of the lovely things that I got for Christmas. I love reading these posts because I like being nosey, so here's a chance for you to be nosey with what I received. Just a disclaimer before I start: I am in no way bragging or trying to show off. I'm incredibly grateful, and lucky, to have received so many wonderful gifts. 

When it came to writing my Christmas list this year, (yep I still write a list to Santa) it was much smaller than normal. This doesn't mean that I ask for loads of things, but I normally just give my parents and grandparents an idea of what type of thing I'm into. I think the only two things I asked for  this year were the Charlotte Tilbury matte lipstick in Glastonberry and the Urban Decay Naked palette. 

I have been the luckiest girl this year and have been well and truly spoiled by my loved ones. I spoiled them in return of course; in a few weeks, I'm taking my parents to London to see the Lion King and we can't wait! I was so overwhelmed with how many wonderful gifts I received this year; as you can tell by the photo above, Santa was very generous. 


My main present from my parents, and something I seriously wasn't expecting, was this gorgeous Moments Pandora bracelet. I've wanted a Pandora bracelet for such a long time, every time I walk past the shop in town I stand at the window and look at all the pretty charms. This was the perfect present for me because I'm a really sentimental person, so i'll be able to get charms that remind me of special moments in my life. As you can tell, I don't have any charms for it at the moment but I'm hoping to get one with the money I received; I think it's going to be a Disney one. 

The main present from my grandparents this year was the Zoella Lifestyle backpack. I've had my eye on this for months; it's a gorgeous colour, a beautiful style and I've always wanted a fashion backpack that I can take out with me. I was in complete shock when I opened this, again it was not something I was expecting. It was actually something I was going to purchase with some of my Christmas money. It's not just the backpack either, inside it there was a pack of pencils, a key ring and the cutest travel mug which I'll definitely be taking to University with me. I'm so in love with everything, and I can't wait to take them out with me. 

Believe it or not, I don't own a fluffy dressing gown, so I thought it was about time that I treated myself to one. This is one of the presents that I knew I was getting because I was with my Grandma and Grandad when they got it for me. I'm absolutely in love with it, I haven't taken it off since I got it. The only way I can describe it is that it feels like you're wrapped up in the fluffiest cloud. If you're looking for a new dressing gown then I really recommend this one, it's got a hood with little ears and I promise when you get it on, you'll never want to take it off. I pretty much wear it all the time I'm in the house, it's so warm and it makes me want to curl up and go to sleep. If anyone would like to know, it's from Topshop. 

To go along with my new fluffy dressing gown, I got these cute little slippers from my Auntie. I'm really loving these kind of slippers at the moment, they're like a slipper sock and a slipper in one and they are the comfiest thing you can wear on your feet. The fact that these slippers are based on mini Bichon Frise's just makes me love them even more, and their red bow just matches all of my outfits. Again, I'm wearing them every single day and I am completely in love with them. 

It wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't receive a lot of Disney things, and one of the first things I received was this Mickey Mouse t-shirt. This was another gift from my Auntie, and I really really like it. It's quite baggy so it's really comfy, and it's one of those t-shirts that I'll be wearing to uni when I'm not really in the mood to make an effort. Funnily enough, I'm wearing it right now. 

My friend Lauren got me the cutest Tinkerbell Pop Figure. I couldn't stop going 'Aw!' when I opened it, and it's currently got pride of place with all of my Peter Pan things. As most of you already know, Peter Pan is one of my favourite Disney films, so having my own little Tinkerbell is the perfect addition to my collection. I've been looking for some Disney Pop figures for ages but haven't been able to find any. It's clear Lauren knows me very, very well. 

Secret Santa is one of the best things about Christmas and my lovely friend Eleanor came up with an amazing idea to do a secret santa between everyone in the Disney Community. My Secret Santa really must know me well; I received this adorable Marie portrait, a Peter Pan Mug, some Marie socks and a bar of Galaxy chocolate. I'm still not over how cute this Marie picture is though, it fits perfectly on the shelves in my room. Thanks to my amazing Secret Santa! 

If you follow me on Twitter, you'll have seen me rambling on about how much I love the Christmas scented candles from Yankee candle. My friend Kathryn must have been stalking me because she was so kind and got me the full set of them along with the prettiest mosaic candle holder and a purple nail varnish. All the perfect ingredients for a pamper evening. 

Now for the present from my best friend, and the present that made me cry as soon as I opened it. Liv got me a beautiful wooden plaque with the quote 'True friends are never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart' and if there's one quote to sum up our friendship, it is definitely that. Liv moved to London a few months ago to start a brand new adventure at University meaning that we are apart for months at a time. Our friendship has definitely grown stronger, and this quote just proves that we're probably going to be friends forever. To go with the plaque, Liv got me the sequel of one of my favourite books and I cannot wait to read it with my box of malteasers. Be expecting a review really soon! 
Because Liv knows how obsessed I am with the NYX soft matte lip creams, she treated me to one in the most gorgeous colour of red. It's in the shade Monte Carlo and I can't even begin to tell you how pretty it looks. It really suits my skin tone and reminds me of the lip colour Taylor Swift had in her shake it off video. I'm so lucky to have a best friend who knows me so well. 


Speaking of books, that leads me on nicely to my next present. My friend Caroline got me the book 'All the Bright Places' by Jennifer Niven. I've heard so much about this book, so many people rave about it and I've wanted to read it for such a long time but never got round to it. Thank goodness I finally have the hard copy and can settle down and read it over these next couple of weeks. I'll be writing a review on this really soon too. I wish people would send me books for free, I just want to read more books!

Now I'll move on to some of the beauty and cosmetics products people kindly bought for me. From my Grandma and Grandad, I received the 'Preppy Princess' perfume by Vera Wang. I used to wear this perfume when I was 15 and it was one of the first designer perfumes I owned. However, I was told it had been discontinued and couldn't be bought anymore so when I unwrapped this on Christmas Day, I was in shock. It's one of the nicest perfumes, and it's definitely going to be the scent I wear from day to day. 
From my Parents, I received the 'Paris By Night' perfume from River Island. This was one of those things that I'd seen and really liked but didn't expect to receive. I normally stick to my favourite 'Blush' perfume from New Look but when I smelt this, I absolutely fell in love. When I spray it onto my wrist, I have to keep smelling it because it just smells SO good. It's a very strong scent and definitely the perfume I will be wearing when I go out. 

As previously mentioned, one of the things on my list this year was the Charlotte Tilbury lipstick in the colour 'Glastonberry'. I'm really into my dark lipsticks, especially for nights out and the autumn/winter months. My Parent kindly got this for me and it is the perfect berry shade. The packaging is so beautiful, it's rose gold and it looks so rich. I just keep looking at it wondering how one thing can be so beautiful. As for the colour, it's stunning. I can't even think of a word to describe how perfect it is, it's going to be the colour I wear all the time. 

My Grandma and Grandad amazed me again and treated me to the Urban Decay Naked palette. I don't have any good eyeshadow palettes and have wanted one of these for years so finally being surprised with one meant the world to me. Now I realise that paying more for make up really does make a difference because the pigment in this palette is amazing. I normally buy the Revolution palettes but from now on I think I'll be sticking to Urban Decay. It's so beautiful and I'm absolutely made up with it. Now it's just time for me to learn how to do my eye makeup properly! 

To go alongside my new eye shadow palette, my Mum and Dad treated me to the Soap and Glory Eyes Box from Boots. I'd asked for some more Mascara because I was running out, but I never expected to get one of these amazing boxes. I love it when Boots release quirky little gift sets like this at Christmas, you get so many good products! In my eyes box I received a mascara, eyeliner pen, eyeliner pencil and an eyebrow pen. I absolutely love everything, it was so satisfying doing my make up on Christmas Day.

For any girl to do her make up, she needs the perfect mirror. I have always been stuck with those mirrors you get with bronzer and highlighter but they're just not good enough. Now, I am the proud owner of a new mirror to do my hair and make up in and it has a ring light around it so that you have the perfect lighting in every situation. It makes me feel like a Hollywood star with my lights on my mirror. I look forward to doing my make up everyday; how sad! 

And finally I got a lot of chocolate, a lot of alcohol and three Disney DVD's; Beauty and the Beast, The Aristocats and The Little Mermaid. I've been so incredibly lucky this year and I can't thank everyone enough for their kindness and generosity. If you've done a post showing all of your Christmas presents then link it in the comments because I'd love to read it! 

Lots of Love,
Meg
xox




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig