29 December 2019

What I Got For Christmas 2019

And just like that, my favourite season is over for another year. 

I know I've been a little quiet on the socials over the festive period but I hope you've all had the most wonderful Christmas, drank plenty of gin and spent lots of time with your loved ones. If you're anything like me you'll currently resemble a pig in a blanket; curled up on the sofa with a box of chocolates and no idea what day it is.

I had the usual quiet family Christmas but it was lovely nonetheless, filled with lots of love, laughter and a very competitive game of The Chase. I've been bogged down with this awful flu that everyone seems to have had - I thought I was invincible having not contracted it, however I got too confident and come Boxing Day, I was in bed with two hot water bottles and living off Lemsip. I didn't let it dampen my festive spirits though!

Following the yearly tradition on my blog, I'm going to be sharing a few of the lovely things I got for Christmas. This isn't because I want to brag but because I'm nosy about this kind of thing and I know that some of you are too!

I didn't ask for a lot this year, mainly because there was nothing I really wanted. The main thing at the top of my list was a new bed followed by moisturiser, a diary and stuff that wouldn't be shoved in a cupboard. I'm so grateful to have received some of the most gorgeous, thoughtful gifts from my loved ones and I feel like the luckiest little lady.


You know you've reached peak adulthood when the item at the top of your Christmas list is a new double bed. Well, let me tell you, I couldn't have asked for anything better.

If you read my 2019 Resolutions then you'll know that I wanted to re-decorate this year and part of that redecoration was getting a new double bed. As someone who's always had a single bed, this is like a new world to me. There's so much room, I can starfish and it's an excuse for more fairy lights! Plus, where has memory foam been all my life? Like, seriously!?

My Mum and Dad very kindly got me this gorgeous white bed which fits perfectly with the beach hut aesthetic of my bedroom and, coupled with fairy lights and candles, my room is exactly how I wanted it to be. I couldn't be happier!


It wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't have a few additions to my make up collection. Along with some Real Technique Beauty Blenders and my trusty No7 Stay Perfect foundation, my Mum and Dad kindly got me these two lovely Fan brushes. Mum knew that I'd had my eye on these for a while as they're the only make up brushes I didn't have, so when I opened them I was thrilled. Highlighter is so much easier to apply these days!


Since redecorating my room, my make up station is a thing of the past. I don't have as much room to get glammed up and my old light up mirror is on it's last legs. Santa somehow heard about this and I got this beautiful light-up make up mirror. It's got different mirror strengths so I can finally see where my eyeliner is going AND the lights are dimmable. I literally look forward to doing my make up in the mornings, I feel like a Hollywood actress.


Each year, it's tradition that my Mum and Dad get me a box of Lindt Lindor chocolates and a brand new diary. I keep a diary every year as it's fun to look back on and see not just how much I've grown, but also what pointless dramas were going on in my life or which boy I was crying over. Believe me, a decade ago I was such a drama queen. My bosses also very kindly got me a bottle of gin and some chocolate orange Lindor, probably to shut me up because food is all I talk about in work.


I absolutely LOVE perfume and one of my all time favourites is Jimmy Choo FLASH. I got this a couple of years ago and fell in love with it but since then, I've never been able to find it. We all know Christmas is a time for miracles so when I unwrapped a bottle of this on the 25th I was so happy! It smells absolutely divine, I'm obsessed!


And if they hadn't been generous enough, my Mum and Dad surprised me with this gorgeous black bag from River Island. I've had my eye on it for months and every time I went to get it Mum would talk me out of it and say 'you've got loads like that at home.' Little did I know it was because she was one step ahead and had already put it away for Christmas Day. I absolutely love it and it's been coming everywhere with me! It's the perfect size, perfect for any occasion...just generally perfect.


Along with some money towards driving lessons (yep, stay of the road peeps) my Grandma and Grandad very kindly got me this gorgeous red hoodie from Shop Disney (because there had to be Disney in here somewhere). This is yet another thing that I'd had my eye on for ages and been talked out of buying because, as always, they're one step ahead. It's so warm and cosy and the colour is stunning. I want to wear it all the time. 


And finally I received some very lovely gifts from my friend and fellow blogger Beth. We met through our blogs and have been chatting for almost two years now, but this year we've gotten closer and not a day goes by where we don't voice note each other. She actually makes me cry laugh, listens to my endless dramas and I honestly don't know what I'd do without her! Beth got me this beautiful bracelet, a set of NYX lipsticks (which I'm actually obsessed with) and some bath stuff which I'll be using when I have my next pamper evening.

I also got some other thoughtful gifts from my nearest and dearest including some books, candles and of course a few bottles of gin. I feel so blessed and so loved and I can't thank my family and friends enough for their kindness and generosity, not only now but throughout the year. I'm so ready to start this new decade surrounded by the people who mean the most to me.

I'd love to hear how you spent Christmas this year so leave me a little message in the comments because I'm incredibly nosy and want to know what you got too!

Lots of Love,
Meg x













SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Ohh I do love this post!!! I was debating writing one myself as youtubes always do it but yours is the first blog Ive come across with it!!! My fave present this year was when my husband surprised me and the sprogs christmas eve with a ninyendo Switch between the 3 of us, speachless is an understatement!!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig