14 January 2019

My 2019 Resolutions

Happy 2019!

We're just over a week into the new year and I hope it's treating you all well. I had a quiet new year, due to being bogged down with this awful flu everyone's been having, but it was lovely nonetheless. And let me tell you, it's so good to be back blogging! 

There's something so exciting about a new beginning; the endless opportunities, new adventures and new people you're going to meet. Although, the new year can sometimes bring crippling anxiety I can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of motivation. I only get this feeling twice a year; January 1st and on my Birthday. I like to think of it as a fresh start, a blank canvas and a chance to completely re-invent myself. 

At this time of year, it's important to set goals. If you're not setting goals then what are you really working towards? 

This year, I've set myself 10 different goals/changes to achieve/make, whether that be lifestyle, beauty or travel related. Some will be completed very easily and others may take a little longer, regardless I'm excited to get started. In a true yearly tradition, I'm going to share these goals with you. It'll be fun to look back this time next year and see how much has changed. 

My 2019 Resolutions

1. Learn To Drive

You're really fed up of hearing me say this, aren't you? Well, let me tell you that 2019 is the year. I can't bare relying on public transport anymore, plus now that I've finished uni there are no excuses. I'm currently saving up for lessons and hopefully, I'll at least be learning before the year is out. 

2. Go To Amsterdam 

Recently I've had this sudden urge to travel. I want to see new places, experience new cultures and go on adventures whilst I'm still young. Amsterdam is right at the top of my Travel Bucket List and this year I'm determined to get there. I want to experience everything the city has to offer and I'm sure it won't disappoint.

3. Go to the Gym

The problem with finishing university is that I've got so much free time and I don't know what to do with it. This is why I've joined the gym. I want to improve my fitness, lose some weight and tone up my body a little bit. 2019 is the year I focus on loving myself, both mentally and physically.

4. Stop Being Scared

I'll admit, I'm a bit of a scardey cat when it comes to most things. If I know it can harm me in any way then chances are I won't do it. This is one of the reasons I avoid learning to drive. Recently in work, my boss said, 'Meg, you won't do anything if you don't stop being so scared.' It made me realise that I need to be braver and face my fears. I know I'll thank myself in the long run.

5. Drink More Water

I think this is one of most people's goals this year and it's a hard one to complete if you're like me and think water is so boring. I'm starting on a bottle of water each day and working my way up. Hopefully, my body (and my skin) will thank me for it too.

6. Make Time To Read

Now that I have more time on my hands, I'm making sure that I use it to read. I want to spend my quiet afternoons sat in coffee shops, getting lost in a book. As many of you are, I'm also doing the Goodreads yearly challenge. I've set myself a goal of 12 books, that's one a month which seems pretty manageable to me!

7. Spend Less Time On My Phone

We live in a world where our lives rely on technology, in particular, our phones. I spend way too much time scrolling through Instagram, sometimes wasting my day watching other people live their lives. This is why I'm cutting down on phone time and focusing on me. It makes me so happy to say that my mood is already improving!

8. Immerse Myself In Blogging

Last year, I had to turn down so many exciting opportunities and events due to having such a packed schedule. However, this year I'm going to immerse myself in all things blogging, whether that be attending events, interacting with new bloggers or improving my own content.

9. Redecorate

It's been five years since I decorated my bedroom, so I think it's about time I had a little change. I want to clear out some of my old stuff, add in a double bed, a new floor and maybe even a new dressing table. I'm still keeping the beach hut theme though!


10. Hang My Clothes Up

I'm a bugger for washing my clothes and then just throwing them to the side. I never hang anything up or put it away and I know that needs to change. The jumble of clothes in the corner of my room is really starting to annoy me so I'm going to try harder to put things away.

However, my main goal is to be happy. I want to see the positive side of situations and not let other peoples opinions affect who I associate myself with, what career path I choose or what I do with my day. I want to be genuinely, intensely, consistently happy.

Here's hoping 2019 is going to be another lovely year!

Lots of Love,
Meg
xxx



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig