6 June 2021

Bottomless Brunch At Mason's Liverpool


Well, we can finally sit inside a restaurant again and my goodness, doesn’t it feel amazing!? Gone are the days of turning up to the beer garden (mid-summer, might I add) in your thickest coat and a pair of gloves, now we can happily sip on cocktails to our hearts content in the warmth of an aesthetically pleasing bar. 

As soon as it was announced that lockdown restrictions would be eased on May 17th, I was straight on my laptop and booked my first bottomless brunch. My lovely friend Liv was visiting home from London and we haven't seen each other for almost a year and a half, so we thought a bottomless brunch would be the perfect event for a reunion. 

We went to a bar called Mason's in Liverpool; the place of cocktails, dreams and perfect bottomless brunches. For £30 (£35 on a Saturday) you can enjoy any plate from the Mason's Brunch Menu as well as bottomless Mason's Mimosas, Frozen Daiquiris, Wine, Beer or Prosecco (and you can mix and match too!). Bottomless brunch lasts for 90-minutes but if they're not busy, they'll let you stay a little while longer. 

Let me tell you now, Mason's is my new favourite place to brunch in Liverpool! 

The minute we set foot in Mason's there was a real party atmosphere, regardless of the fact that it was half past one on a Friday afternoon. I don't know if it was the pink fluorescent signs or ABBA playing from the speakers, but it got me straight in the mood for a cocktail or two! 

As we were shown to our table and began browsing the menu, I couldn't help but notice how beautiful our surroundings were. The bar was incredibly spacious; with an open plan kitchen and greenery hanging from the walls. It's the perfect mix of classy yet relaxed; the vibe you need for a bottomless brunch with the girls! 

And then the drinks started to flow.

When I told people that I'd booked a bottomless brunch, a lot said that they weren't worth the money because they 'water your drinks down'. Well, that's not how they do things as Mason's! 

We decided to start on the rose wine and then moved on to cocktails later in the afternoon. The wine was gorgeous and I can fully confirm that the Mason's Mimosa is 100% worth the hype; it's the cocktail of dreams and I'm basically obsessed. Our glasses were never empty and the staff were incredibly attentive, always checking if we needed any more drinks and never shy to give recommendations - my wine glass was basically glued to my hand!


I can be really fussy when it comes to food but believe me when I say, there's something for everyone on the Mason's brunch menu. We chose the perfect time to brunch too, as Mason's have updated their menu to include a few new dishes. 

After much deliberation, I ordered the Mason's Benedict (a toasted English muffin with smoked streaky bacon, two free range poached eggs and hollandaise sauce) whilst Liv opted for the Flatbread. I can't actually remember what was on Liv's plate but it was recommended by our waitress, and Liv said that it was delicious! 

The food arrived quickly and was beautifully presented. I can't even begin to tell you how mouth-wateringly tasty my Mason's Benedict was; the egg was poached to perfection and the bagel was so softly toasted, just taking about it makes me want to go back for one. I thought the portions were on the smaller side, however we left Mason's feeling absolutely stuffed (although I don't know if that was because of the food or the cocktails!). 


The nicest thing about the afternoon, apart from the food and cocktails of course, was spending time with one of my best friends. We were way overdue a catch up and we spent the entire brunch laughing, drinking and singing along to every song we could. It was the welcome sense of normality we both needed and we've decided that bottomless brunch is going to be our new thing - thanks Mason's! 

We couldn't go to Mason's without having our photo taken underneath the stunning fluorescent signs; the Hello Gorgeous sign can be found in the girls bathroom and the Meet Me @ Mason's sign is in the outside the toilets. They really add something to the bar, helping to achieve that modern, chilled vibe which is one of the main things that attracted Liv and I to book in the first place. 

From the minute arrived, to the moment we left, the staff couldn't have been friendlier; from recommending their favourite dish on the menu to taking group photos underneath the illuminous signs - nothing was too much trouble! 

Okay, so Mason's is the bar of dreams, right!?  

You'll find Mason's on Seel Street in Liverpool, and if their Instagram isn't enough to convince you that it's the place to be, then let me tell you, you are seriously missing out! 

Bookings are recommended and can be made via their website, where you can book your table for breakfast, brunch and evening. As we were leaving, the Friday 'El Paradisco' party was just getting started which is all about disco and sparkle; so you can bet I'll be heading back for that! 

Whilst you're there you should also check out FIVE, a unique and exclusive rooftop bar with stunning views of the city, owned by Mason's. Unfortunately the weather had other ideas, so Liv and I were unable to visit FIVE but that's the next place on our list - it looks stunning and we can't wait!

Have you booked a bottomless brunch yet? 

Lots of love,
Meg x 







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig