12 January 2020

My 2020 Resolutions

Happy 2020!

It's my first blog post of the year and let me tell you, it feels good to be back. I hope the new decade is treating you all well and that you're feeling inspired and motivated to make it wonderful. 

We had a lovely New Years Eve, it was a quiet one but I welcomed it in with hotpot and a glass of gin whilst dancing round the living room with my Grandma and Grandad. I couldn't have been happier and I like to think I've started the year as I mean to go on. This first week has consisted of coffee dates with friends, getting back into the gym and I'm finally taking driving lessons seriously (yes kids, stay off the roads!). So, you could say 2020 has been kind to me so far. 

I don't know about you but I absolutely LOVE this time of year. It's the excitement of new beginnings, new adventures and new relationships. Seeing peoples motivation to reach their goals makes me feel so inspired so I thought I'd share some of my goals for 2020 - it'll be fun to look back on and see how much I've achieved. Plus there's nothing like New Year motivation; a feeling I only get on January 1st and my Birthday. 

My 2020 Resolutions 

1. Pass My Driving Test

Oh look, another year and I still haven't passed my driving test. Well, that's changing because guess who had her first proper driving lesson last week? This gal! I'm finally taking lessons seriously and I'm determined to have passed my test by the end of the year. I can't take another twelve months of delayed trains and buses, it's the bane of my life. 

2. Buy A Car

After I've passed my test I would like to buy my own little car. I think 2019 made me realise how much not having a car was holding me back in both my career and in relationships. I don't wan't to be one of those people who passes their test and then doesn't continue to drive, plus I'm already planning my road trip playlists. 

3. Get My Ears Pierced

Yep, you read that right, I don't actually have my ears pierced. The earrings you see in most of my photos are clip-ins and seeing as I wear them every single day, I think it's about time I get it done. I've always put it off because I was too scared but it's a new decade and I'm facing my fears. 

4. Travel Somewhere New 

Last year I was determined that I was going to Amsterdam and I got there and I loved it. However, this year there isn't a specific place on my travel list, I simply want to see somewhere new. From Barcelona to Budapest to New York to Copenhagen - I haven't got anything booked yet but I can't wait to see where this year will take me. 

5. Spend Less Time On My Phone

Last year I became more conscious of how much time I was spending on my phone. I'd be awake at 2am scrolling through twitter and it was having a drastic effect on my mood. So, I've taken advantage of the Screen Time option on my phone and I'm making a conscious effort to spend less time with my eyes on a screen and more time appreciating the people and things around me. Hopefully I'll feel happier for it too!

6. Write More 

Whilst studying at university, writing became a chore. I grew to hate it and associated it with stress. Recently, I've been reading my old writing journals and I've decided I want to find my love for writing again. I do have a talent there, I just need to start believing in myself. 

7. Focus On Self Love

I've got a blog post about this coming soon but last year, I found myself focusing so much on other people and relationships that I was neglecting myself.  I lost my sparkle and I promised myself that this will be the year I get it back. I'm all about self love; if something isn't making me happy, it isn't worth my time. 

8. Do More Of What Scares Me 

I'm fed up of being so scared of everything. I'm scared of learning to drive, getting my ears pierced and even moving forward in my career. I get comfortable very quickly and I've realised I need to push myself out of my comfort zone if I want to experience anything worthwhile in life. I was lucky enough to meet someone last year who helped me find my more rebellious, fearless side and I'm channelling her into this new decade! 

9. Balayage My Hair

I feel like the main theme for 2020 is transformation. I've never dyed my hair before because I'm very protective over it but this summer, I'd like to switch things up a bit. I'm thinking of having a natural balayage put through my hair and although it doesn't sound drastic, it's a big step for me! 

10. Switch Up My Wardrobe 

Admit it, there's no better feeling than the confidence of going out in a new outfit. I want to be more daring with my fashion choices and buy things I wouldn't usually wear. It's all about self-love, self-acceptance and a little bit of confidence! 

But most of all, I want to be happy, healthy and loved; genuinely, intensely, consistently. 
Here's hoping that 2020 is going to be another lovely year and the start of a decade to remember! 

Lots of Love,
Meg x





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig