24 October 2016

My Top 5 Disney Films

I've always been someone who prefers books over films but that's not to say that I don't watch films at all. It was only in lecture today that I realised that the majority of films I watch are, surprise surprise, made by Disney. I do have favourite films that aren't Disney of course but the films I love the most, and that make me the happiest, are definitely those sprinkled with a little bit of pixie dust and Disney magic.
Inspired by this, I thought I'd share my top 5 favourite Disney films!

1. Tangled
 This film is my favourite Disney film, without a doubt. I've watched it so many times now I could probably quote the whole thing word for word. I only saw Tangled for the first time last year (I know, shocking) and I didn't expect much from it if I'm honest, I just thought it was going to be the typical tale of Rapunzel; she gets locked in a tower, lets down her hair bla bla bla (you know how it goes) but how wrong was I!? Everything about this film is perfect; the characters, the music and of course Flynn Rider! It warms my heart every time I watch it and I think it's one of the best films Disney have ever made. I could watch the lantern scene over and over again and never get bored. 

2. Peter Pan
You didn't think I was going to do a Disney post and not mention Peter Pan did you?
This film is the only film that is guaranteed to make me happy or calm me down if I'm having a bit of  an anxious day. I can't put into words how much this film means to me; it brings back so many memories from my childhood, looking outside my bedroom window at night to see if Peter was going to come and say hello. The whole message of Peter Pan is wonderful, teaching kids to never grow up and that their imagination can take them to amazing places. It definitely has the best soundtrack which is guaranteed to make me shed a little tear. 

3. The Little Mermaid II: Return To The Sea
Unpopular Opinion, but this film definitely had to appear somewhere in my top 5. It's a story about Melody, Ariel's daughter, who is trying to come to terms with her identity as a mermaid. I actually watched this before I watched the original and I always preferred it. I really don't think that it gets the credit that it deserves; Melody was one of my idols when I was growing up and I remember trying to act out scenes from the film with my Mum. If you haven't watched it yet then it's definitely one you need to add to your list!

4. Lilo and Stitch
I cannot watch this film without ending up in a puddle of my own emotional tears. It's guaranteed to make you shed a tear, even if you have the emotions of a brick wall. A hilarious comedy which teaches the importance of belonging and family; such a significant message. I don't know about you, but this film always made me want to visit Hawaii and be a hula girl like Lilo. I absolutely adore Stitch, he's such a little cutie and if I can find one then I would like to adopt one of my own! 

5. Enchanted
I remember seeing this for the first time in the cinema and falling in love with it straight away. Similar to the Little Mermaid II, it's one of Disney's more underrated films but definitely one of the best. Giselle is one of the most lovable characters and the whole thing is just so well written, I could watch it over and over again and never get bored. Also, the part where Edward gets run over by the bikes is 100% guaranteed to make me laugh out loud. Like all Disney films, it's super heart warming and it needs more recognition than it gets. SHOW IT MORE LOVE!! 

I hope you enjoyed reading through my top 5 Disney films and why I love them so much. Obviously I have so many more favourites and choosing 5 was super hard but I managed. I'd love to hear what your favourite films are so be sure to leave them for me in the comments! 

Lots of Love,
Meg


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig