15 June 2015

My 18th Birthday

Guess what? I am officially an adult! 

On Tuesday 9th June, it was my birthday and although I wasn't having any big celebrations until Friday, I still had a really lovely day. I woke up early in the morning to find the house decorated with balloons, badges and confetti; it looked very cute if I do say so myself.

 I was extremely lucky and very spoilt by my wonderful friends and family. Throughout the day, people came to visit and spend some time with me which was so heartwarming. On the night of my birthday, I had a little get together with family at my house, which included a cake with sparklers. Then I went and met some of my friends at the pub so that I could get my first legal alcoholic drink with my own ID! Honestly, it was the most satisfying thing being ID'd and actually having some to call my own. 

I told my mum a couple of months ago that I really wanted a party for my 18th birthday. I wanted to get all my family and friends in one room and dance the night away. 

On Friday, I had my 18th Birthday party and it was one of the best nights of my life. I had everyone I loved in one room and there was so much love, it was quite overwhelming. I have never felt so loved in my life. I can't thank my friends and family enough for making the day so special, especially my Mum and Dad for everything they did. 

As soon as I walked into the room, I was greeted with more balloons, confetti and eighteen very embarrassing photos of me from over the years. I had to make a speech, much to my dread, and then everyone sang happy birthday to me which was so amazing. One of the highlights for me was the last song of the night. I chose my favourite song to end the celebration which was New York New York by Frank Sinatra. Everyone stood in a circle around me, kicked their legs along to the music as I did a very random dance in the middle. 

It's a night I'll never, ever forget. 


Lots of Love
Meg
xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig