27 April 2016

Disneyland Paris Hints and Tips Tag

It's been so long since I've done a Disney post on my blog, and I've missed sharing my Disney adventures with you all! I recently asked on Twitter what you wanted to see more of on my blog, and around 70% of you said Disney, so I guess that's what I'm going to be doing more of!
I don't class myself as an expert on Disneyland Paris, but I've been so many times so I know quite a bit about the parks and what goes on. I've been in every season, at every time of the year, and I like to think I'd be able to give some pretty good advice on how to spend your time in DLP!
Here is the Disneyland Paris Hints & Tips Tag! 

1. When is the best time to visit?
I think the best time to visit Disneyland Paris is either in the Summer or at Christmas. If you can, go during school term time as it's not as busy with children. I really liked going in the Summer because you get more time in the Park due to daylight hours, but Christmas at DLP is the most magical thing you will ever experience in your entire life. 

2. How long is the perfect visit?
For me, I can never spend too long in DLP. I mean, I'd live there if I could. However, I think the perfect amount of time to stay is 5 days; you've got just enough time to do everything and not have to rush around trying to cram everything into a few days. 

3. Which hotel is best to stay in and why?
I've stayed in a variety of hotels during my visits to DLP, but the best hotel to stay in is definitely Sequoia Lodge. It's the nicest out of the budget hotels that includes 'Extra Magic Hours' and an indoor and outdoor swimming pool. 

4. Is there anywhere else to visit near the park?
I can't say that I've ever left the park when I go to Disney, but I know that you can get the train to Paris for the day. I think I'd like to try and do that one time, but the Disney Parks just draw me in. I just want to spend every waking moment walking down Main Street. 

5. One thing that is a must to pack?
A Camera. There are so many perfect photo opportunities in the park, and you can never ever have too many photos of Disney. They make the perfect memories. 

6. Best place to take a photo of the Castle?
There are so many places to get a good shot of the Castle. I would say your best places are Central Plaza, walking up Main Street USA, or just as you're about to enter the Castle. 

7. Where is the best place to watch the parade?
Definitely Character Gate, which is a little gate right next door to It's a Small World. It's where the parade begins, and it never gets too busy so it's the perfect place to stand and interact with the characters. Because there aren't many people there (they always congregate round the castle) the characters really take more notice of you. Also, when the parade has finished, you can go and get on some rides whilst everyone else is still waiting for the parade to end. I'd also recommend going to meet Mickey Mouse when the Parade is taking place. The queue is like 3 minutes long. 

8. Where is the best place to watch the fireworks?
Anywhere on Main Street.
But the ultimate best place to watch them is at the top of Big Thunder Mountain. We did this a few times in the Summer; you ride BTM when Disney Dreams is taking place and honestly it's the most beautiful thing you'll ever see. I can't wait to do it again when we go back! 

9. What restaurant would you recommend and why?
I absolutely love Café Mickey; it's my favourite character dining experience and the food is delicious!

10. What food should I try?
Either a Casey's hotdog or an Annette's Diner burger. They are both to die for. 

11. Which rides are a must?
My top three favourite rides in the park are Big Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan and It's a Small World. I did a post about all of my favourite rides in Disney HERE

12. If I can only buy one thing, what should it be?
Without a doubt a pair of Minnie or Mickey Mouse ears.
They are such a must have when you go to Disneyland Paris, or any Disney park for that matter. I felt so stupid walking around Disney and not having a pair. Everyone has them and they look super cute on photos too! 

13. If I can only do one thing in the park, what should I do?
I would say either watch Disney Dreams because it is the most beautiful thing you will ever witness OR meet Mickey Mouse because he's the character that started it all!

14. What is the one thing I must take into the park?
Apart from your ticket, my advice would be to take a water bottle and to keep filling it up at the water fountains dotted around the park. It saves you so much money because drinks can be quite expensive in the parks. 

15. If you had to tell me your own personal hint or tip, what would it be?
Well, I've given a few throughout this post, but if I had to give you a hint it would be to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours, even if it's only once and also cutting through the arcades as a quicker route of getting into the parks. Also, walk into the parks instead of getting the shuttle bus (if your hotel is close enough) as it's so much quicker! 

I hope that gave you some good tips and advice for your next trip to Disneyland Paris.
What's your biggest tip for people?

Lots of Love,
Meg
xox

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig