7 October 2016

Nyx Illuminator

Nyx are my favourite make up brand at the moment, there's no doubt about that. I'm obsessed with buying stuff from their counter in boots, you can guarantee I come out with something new every time I visit. It really doesn't help that their stuff is so affordable and so amazing; my student loan was not meant for this kind of thing. 

I've been getting into highlighters recently, and no I don't mean the highlighters you use to make your Uni lecture notes look pretty, I'm talking about the really shiny stuff we all put on our cheekbones to give us a jaw line to die for. I know I'm really late to the party with this whole craze but better late than never. I've found the Nyx Illuminator and honestly, I think I'm in love. 

The first time I used this was on my 19th birthday, I'd had a complete dilemma with my blusher so my friend Kathryn came to the rescue and kindly offered me her Nyx Illuminator. On the photos of my birthday, I have to say that the highlight on my cheekbones looked amazing and when I found out that it was a Nyx product, I went straight out and got some for myself. 

This beautiful creation is available in three colours, but I chose to get it in the colour 'Chaotic' which is a really subtle, natural, baby pink. It looks extremely pretty and flattering on the skin, especially if you're going for a subtle highlight or you want a really natural make up look. I am totally obsessed with this stuff, I get so many compliments when I wear it on my skin and I love how it acts as a blush as well as a highlighter. It's a complete two in one which makes putting my make up on a little less stressful; please tell me I'm not the only girl who completely stresses when applying make up? 

In order to apply this to get the beautiful highlight and natural glow, I use an angled contour brush and just gently sweep it on the top of my cheekbones whilst pulling a weird fishy face. I'd really like to use a fan brush but I have yet to find one of those that I like so for now, the contour brush really does the job. 

You can buy the Nyx Illuminator here; I'd definitely recommend it!
I also really want to try some more highlighters so if you have any recommendations then leave them in the comments below!

Lots of Love,
Meg


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig