30 December 2017

What I Got For Christmas 2017

I can't believe that Christmas has been and gone!
I hope you all had a lovely day eating lots of yummy food, drinking gin and spending time with your loved ones. I had a quiet Christmas with my parents and grandparents but that's how we like it, and rest assured that it was full of nothing but love, laughter and pigs in blankets.

Last year I did a post telling you all about the things I got for Christmas and surprisingly, it went down really well - it's one of my most viewed posts of all time. So, I thought I'd do it again this year. When it came to my Christmas list, I didn't ask for much - it was mainly just stuff that I'd use and wouldn't be shoved in a cupboard. I think the main things I asked for was my Effaclar skincare and some more of my trusty foundation from Boots. 

However, Santa thought he'd treat me to some other things and I have been the luckiest little lady this year. I've been well and truly spoiled by my loved ones, and I obviously spoiled them in return. You'll be glad to know there are no trips to London this year, but we're taking Dad to see Jersey Boys on tour and Mum's got a Fitbit (she won't stop walking up and down the living room and it's driving me mad). 

I wasn't expecting a 'main' present this year as I hadn't asked for anything big and I treated myself to a new iPhone earlier this month. So, you can imagine my surprise when I unwrapped one of many Pandora bags. My Mum and Dad got me a Pandora bracelet last year and since then I've been after some spacers to separate the charms. I would've got them sooner but I haven't been able to afford them. Very kindly, Mum and Dad got me Mickey and Minnie clip-on spacers to go on my bracelet and I am so in love. I'd been looking at these charms for months and Mum had always talked me out of getting them, at one point she told me that she thought they were scruffy and looked cheap. Now I understand why. They make my charm bracelet look complete and I've officially started my Disney Pandora collection. 

 Along with the charms, I got this beautiful leather bag. It's available to buy when you purchase some of the Disney charms and it's perfect for any Disney fan. Mum said that when she saw it, she couldn't say no. It's only small, so would be perfect for my next Disney trip - whenever that may be. It comes with a strap so it can be used as both a clutch or an over the shoulder bag, and the little box it comes in is just the cutest thing ever. 

Pandora was full of freebies and because my parents spent a certain amount of money, they got this limited edition Pandora Christmas Bell. It's white with little snowflakes engraved on the sides and it says 'Pandora 2017' on the front. It can be hung on the tree or over the door and it's the perfect keepsake to remember a productive yet challenging year - it's definitely been a year full of change. I love how subtle the decoration is, I'm pretty sure you could keep this up whatever time of the year.

If you know me well, you'll know that I'm obsessed with jumpers. I have a wardrobe full of them - every style and every colour. I think they're the perfect item for any winter wardrobe and I was super excited when I opened this beautiful, orange jumper from M&S. I've had my eye on this for months and this was another one of those presents that I wasn't expecting. I've already had it on (I wore it on Boxing Day) and it's the warmest, cosiest jumper I own. Be expecting it to feature in a post in 2018.

I love gin. There I said it. 
From the moment I finished work on Christmas Eve to the minute I went to bed on Boxing Day, gin was the main beverage that was consumed. I'd happened to mention to my parents that I'd like some gin for Christmas and I was just expecting a bottle of Gordons. However, they went a step further and got me the 'Gin House' collection featuring some of my favourite gins with the flavoured tonic that they should be paired with. I think I'll crack that one open at New Year. 

Last year, I really struggled to get a diary. I like my diaries to be a day a page and each night before I go to bed, I make sure that I write about my day. I've found that it's helped my anxiety as my diary is a personal place where I can write my thoughts and feelings, plus it's fun to look back on in a few years time. My Mum and Dad got me this pretty pale blue diary and I can't wait to start writing about my adventures in 2018. 

It's not Christmas without chocolate. It's tradition for my parents to get me a box of my favourite Lindor chocolate and a Cadbury's selection box - the popping candy Freddo has been a personal highlight. I haven't finished all of the chocolate yet, I'm trying to save it as it only feels appropriate to have Lindor at Christmas. 

Something I asked for was my La Roche Posay Effaclar skincare products. I've been using these for over two months now, after my dermatologist recommending them to me. I know that you need to give them a bit of time to work and so far, I've been seeing very positive results. It's on the expensive side, more than I would normally spend on my skincare routine, however, it's working and it just goes to show that you get what you pay for. If you're looking for some products to help your problematic skin then I highly recommend this stuff. 

I didn't ask for much make up this Christmas as I've pretty much got everything I need at the moment. I've also got nowhere to store my products so more make up was the last thing I needed. I've been running out of my trusty No.7 Stay Perfect foundation and my Soap & Glory Supercat liquid liner, so I was really happy when I unwrapped these. No matter how many foundations or liquid liners I try, I always find myself coming back to these two. 

And now back to Pandora. My Grandma and Grandad got me this stunning Belle charm for my bracelet. They know that every time I pass the Pandora shop, I always have to go in and look at the charms and I've had my eye on this one for months. It's such a pretty little charm and the detail is immaculate. Belle is one of my favourite Princesses as I relate to her imagination and love of books. When I was in school, I was bullied for being a bookworm but Belle helped me to realise that reading doesn't make you weird - if Belle could do it then so could I. It was such a heart-warming surprise and I can't begin to tell you how lucky I feel to have received such beautiful gifts. 

I've added another Disney film to my collection and it had to be my favourite Princess, Snow White. I collect the DVD's in the shiny cases and I've always wanted to add the first Princess to my collection. Receiving this was such a surprise and it had a lot of sentimental value. My Grandma and Grandad introduced me to Snow White and it's because of them that I love her so much. They used to watch the film on repeat with me after school and I hope that we can all sit with a hot chocolate and watch it together over the Christmas break. 

Another gift with sentimental value is this beautiful gold chain. I don't know if any of you have ever noticed, but I always wear a necklace with the letter 'M' on it. My Grandparents bought it for me for my 18th Birthday and since then I've never taken it off. However, the other week the original chain snapped and I was GUTTED. It may only be a small, thin necklace but not wearing it makes me feel empty - it's become a part of who I am. I'm so lucky that they bought me a new chain and I feel complete again now that I can wear my necklace. 

I got through beauty blenders like there is no tomorrow. As much as I wash them, they just don't last long so this pack of Real Techniques beauty blenders was definitely appreciated. I love the fact that I received gifts that I'm going to put to good use - and if you haven't tried out these beauty blenders yet then where have you been? They're the best! 

And for my final present from my Grandma and Grandad, they very kindly got me a bottle of my favourite gin. Like I said, I love gin but my favourite will always be Hendricks - it's a classic. I only ever have Hendricks when I go on a night out, so being able to make my favourite gin at home is amazing. I'm so grateful as I know that Hendricks isn't cheap. Plus, when I've used the bottle, I'm going to put some flowers in it and use it as a quirky vase. 

I took part in a few secret Santa gift exchanges this year. I love doing this sort of thing as my favourite thing to do at Christmas is buy presents for other people. From my blogging secret Santa kindly organised by Beth, I received a Gin & Tonic making set which includes a measurement glass (something I definitely need), a Little Miss Sunshine travel mug and some Beauty and the Beast bath petals. It's very clear that my secret Santa knows me well, but I'm yet to find out who it was, so if you sent me these lovely gifts then let me know so I can personally say thank you. 

The next secret Santa was from my lovely friend Tori who I go to Uni with. We've spent many nights in the library stressing over deadlines and watching videos of puppies so I'm surprised I didn't guess that she had me. Knowing me as well as she does, she got me a 'Gin & Bear It' coaster, a Beauty and the Beast purse and a huge book of 624 things to write about (something I'll be needing when I'm struggling for inspiration next semester). 

And for my final secret Santa from a member of the lovely Disney community. I received a beautiful Tangled plaque featuring my favourite scene from the film, a Briar Rose bow which I'll be wearing in a Disney Bound and a Seven Dwarves pencil case which I'm either going to use for Uni or as a makeup bag. It's clear that everything has been handmade and I can't help but feel so fortunate to be surrounded by so many talented, generous people. 

I've mentioned it a few times on the blog, but I absolutely love my job. And more than my job, I love the people I work with. I didn't expect my bosses to get me anything this year but they went above and beyond and handed me a box containing a UGG scarf and hat. I was overwhelmed by their generosity and I feel very lucky to work with people who treat me like family. 

And finally from my close friend and work colleague Sarah. We always have the best laughs in work and from her, I received a personalised gin glass (no one is getting hold of that) and two cans of Gordon's G&T. It was the perfect gift and another gin to add to my ever-growing collection. From the amount of gin I received, you'd think that I really, really liked it or something...

I also received some more chocolate and more gin (obviously). I've been so incredibly lucky this year and I can't thank everyone enough for their kindness, support and generosity. I feel so loved and I'm ready to start the New Year surrounded by the people who mean the most to me. If you've done a post showing everything you got for Christmas then link it in the comments as I'd love to have a nosy!

Lots of Love,
Meg
xxx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig