9 October 2018

Perfect Autumnal Eyes

Eye make up has never been my strong point but I'd like to think that I've upped my game over the past year. I've been watching tutorials, practising every day and it's now a favourite part of my make up routine. As my technique has improved, I've been treating myself to more high-end palettes including Urban Decay, Anastasia Beverly Hills and Too Faced. 

My most recent purchase was the Anastasia Beverly Hills 'Soft Glam' palette and, teamed with the Urban Decay Naked Heat palette, it's the perfect autumnal combo. 

When the Naked Heat Palette was released I didn't understand the hype. That is until it arrived on my doorstep, beautifully packaged, and I fell in love. I'm all about burnt oranges and shimmering bronze shades in the autumn months and this palette is a perfect combination of both. It's very versatile, sporting a wide variety of colours meaning that a look can be created for every event.

I only need a small amount of the shadow on my brush as the colour pops immediately. I've only ever used the original Urban Decay Naked Palette which was never very pigmented, so this came as a very pleasant surprise. 

The Naked Heat Palette is my go-to for an everyday autumnal makeup look. I don't think you can beat Low Blow (brown matte) in the crease, Cayenne (terracotta matte) in the outer corner and Ounce (ivory shimmer) in the inner corner. It's the perfect natural autumnal blend. If you want to add a slight shimmer then add Scorched (metallic deep red) or Lumbre (copper shimmer). 

In all honesty, there isn't a shade in this palette that I don't love and that's very rare for me to say. It's my holy grail palette for the autumn-winter months and I'm especially looking forward to using the darker, burgundy shades for Halloween.

If you follow me on Twitter then you'll know how long I've had my eye on the Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Palette. I was going to wait until Christmas to expand my collection but a 20% discount on Beauty Bay finally tempted me to add it to my basket. 

I still can't get over how beautiful it is, both on and off the eyes. If you love natural shades with a slight shimmer then this is the palette for you. There's a shade for everyone and it's the perfect palette to create a glamorous, glittery smokey eye. In my opinion, it's a combination of the Naked palette and Naked Heat - what more could you want?

As the shades are so pigmented, you only need a very small amount on your brush. The glitter shades really make your eyes pop and can transform your look from natural to glam in the dab of a brush. As this is the newest addition to my collection, I'm yet to use all the shades however my current favourites are Sultry, Rustic, Dusty Rose and Tempera. Sultry is perfect for any occasion and Dusty Rose is the prettiest shade of pink. 

Give me an eyeshadow palette full of matte brown, burnt orange and a shimmering gold, team it with a bold berry lip (Charlotte Tilbury's Glastonberry is a must have!), a mustard jumper and you've got my perfect autumn combination. Oh, and can't forget the pumpkin spice latte! 

What are your holy grail products for autumn?

Lots of Love,
Meg
xxx





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig