16 January 2021

My 2021 Resolutions

Happy 2021! 

Well, we're almost two weeks into the new year and 12 days into our third national lockdown. It's safe to say it's not the start to the year that we expected, nevertheless I hope it's treating you all well and you're feeling okay during these uncertain times. 

I had a lovely new year with my family, drinking a few bottles of wine, dancing around to Jools Holland's Hootenanny and living on of a box of celebrations. Like so many of us, I'm back on furlough so I've been keeping myself occupied by going on plenty of scenic walks, playing board games and re-watching New Girl on Netflix. 

The start of a new year always brings with it a certain motivation, a buzz of excitement about what achievements, adventures and opportunities the new year has to bring. I only get this feeling twice a year; in January and on my birthday. Following the yearly tradition on my blog, I'm going to share my list of resolutions with you - I love writing a list of things I'd like to achieve by January the following year, even though some of them have been carried over from last year (2020 was cancelled!).  

I know we're living in really crazy times at the moment and we're really not trying to get our hopes up too much but I'm hopeful that it's going to be a good year regardless! 

My 2021 Resolutions

1. Pass My Driving Test 

Top of the list for another year and I'm telling you now; 2021 is the year I am going to pass my driving test. I am so close it's unbelievable, I just need to be able to actually take my test and hopefully I'll have my pink license in no time! 

2. Focus On My Mental Health 

I'm sure you don't need to be reminded that we're living in really uncertain times at the moment and it's affecting so many of us both physically and mentally. I've noticed my mental health has been suffering recently and I'm really trying to make myself feel better. Although it's not something I'm ready to talk about yet, I am working towards getting back to my happy, confident self in 2021!

3. Limit My Screen Time

I spend way too much time on my phone, especially since being introduced to TikTok; two minutes on there is the equivalent of an hour in real life. That's why I'm making a conscious effort to spend less time scrolling down Instagram and more time doing the things that make me happy, living in the moment. I don't go on my phone for the first two hours of the day, and then make sure my notifications are turned off before I go to bed every night. I'm already feeling more productive during the day! 

4. Buy A Car 

When I've finally passed my test, I'm going to buy myself my first little car. I'll be honest, car shopping is one of the most stressful things ever and I don't have a clue what I'm doing. The only thing I know is that I can't wait to be driving round singing along to the 1975.

5. Get Off The Dating Apps 

You may remember a post I wrote last year about Why I'm Okay Being Single In My Twenties, however then lockdown happened, I got bored and like so many people, I re-downloaded the dating apps. I don't know why because it's not like I could go and meet anyone for coffee, but it was someone new to talk to. As you can imagine, the conversations were pointless and I quickly realised why I'd deleted them in the first place; just constant 'hey how's lockdown treating you?' messages, and frankly I can't be bothered with it. I've officially deleted the dating apps and I'm fully focused on myself and the people around me! 

6. Do More Random Acts Of Kindness

Whether it be a smile, buying a coffee, offering a lift, letting someone in front of me in a queue, giving advice, paying compliments or holding a door open; I'm making an effort to be kinder in the new year. The world needs kindness right now and like my Grandad always told me when I was younger, 'Remember, you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine.' 

7. Make Time To Read

As I'm making an effort to spend less time on my phone, I've now got more time to get lost in a book. I'm loving reading during the day and before I go to bed a night, it really relaxes me and I'm finding my love for reading again. I'm currently reading Ghosts by Dolly Alderton and absolutely loving it! 

8. Stick To A Good Routine 

Last year, due to all the lockdowns, my routine was so messed up; I was eating at weird times, my exercise schedule went out the window and my sleep pattern was basically non-existent. However, this year I'm determined to get back into a good routine and stick to it; starting with not going on my phone, reading before bed and going on more walks! 

9. Get Back Into The Gym

It's been hard to have any kind of gym schedule in this past year but when the gyms re-open I can't wait to throw myself back into regular workouts and exercise classes. I know I'll thank myself for it both mentally and physically! 

10. Go To The Theatre

I really miss going to the theatre and this past year has made me realise just how much we take the arts for granted. When it's safe and theatres can reopen, you can guarantee I'll be first in line and booking tickets to see so many shows; Jersey Boys, Wicked, Dream Girls, Heathers and Waitress are all on the agenda! 

However, my main goal for the year is to be happy and healthy. I want to be genuinely, intensely, consistently happy. Here's hoping for a better 2021; a year that's filled with adventure, health, love, success and happiness. 

Lots of Love,
Meg x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig