15 October 2015

A day at the Docks


Hello Everyone!
Living in Liverpool is amazing, it's such a wonderful city and I really do love being a student here. Even though this is the closest city I have to my home town, I have seen it in completely different eyes. I guess these are the eyes of a student. As much as I do love living here in Liverpool, there is one thing I do miss, and that is my Mum & Dad. Since I've moved away, I don't get to see them as much as I would want too so when we do get to spend time together, we both treasure the moments. I think moving away has had a very positive impact on our relationship, we seem to get on a lot better which is something I'm very very happy about. 

Last weekend, my Mum and Dad hopped on a train to Liverpool and came to pay me a little visit for a couple of hours as they hadn't seen me for a few weeks. Instead of going to Liverpool shopping like we normally would, we decided to take a walk down to the Albert Dock. This is one of the most famous places to visit in Liverpool, so famous in fact, that up until now, I had never actually been. I'm very ashamed of that fact. 

It was a beautiful sunny autumnal day, not too warm and not too cold; just the way Autumn should be. As we walked, we talked, catching up on all of the different things that had happened whilst we had been separated. There's nothing I love more than when my family come to visit me, it's the most perfect thing in the world. I miss my family a lot. 

The Albert Dock was so beautiful to walk around, it's surroundings and historic buildings were mesmerising. I feel very privileged to have such a beautiful thing right on my doorstep. One thing that I really loved, was the locks attached to the chains surrounding the Docks. I'm guessing that this is supposed to resemble Liverpool's own version of the Love Lock Bridge in Paris. Although Liverpool is a long way from the couture atmosphere of Paris, it was still very cute. The views from the docks are breathtaking, and as the sun cast a shadow on the water, I couldn't help but just sit there and watch. The Docks is one of those places that's out of the city, sometimes when living in a city gets a little bit overwhelming, I go and sit by the docks for a little while and gather my thoughts. It's a really lovely thing to do and I think that people need to take advantage of it.
Whilst I was walking around, I took a few photos, so I thought I'd share them on here! :)






Lots of Love
Meg
xox


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig