6 February 2018

The Little Black Backpack

The backpack is a trend that never seems to fade. We're all walking around with cute little bags strapped to our backs and I absolutely love it. I'll admit, I didn't get the trend at first but when I received my Zoella travel backpack a few years ago, I've never looked back. 

Recently, I've been on the lookout for a plain, black backpack that I can use when I'm out and about - whether that be a shopping day with the mother or an afternoon brunch with my friends. I needed something that looked stylish and cute but that was also affordable. You won't believe me, but finding the perfect backpack proved to be harder than I thought - they were either too big, too small or too expensive. I was convinced that the perfect backpack didn't exist.

Then I went into New Look. 


I love shopping in New Look and if you raid my wardrobe, you'll discover that the majority of my clothes are from there. However, I don't know about you, but I never seem to browse New Look's  bag department - I mean, where has this been all my life? I actually went into my local store looking for a coat, and came out with the backpack of my dreams instead. 

New Look have a wide selection of bags for every occasion and I know it's going to be the first place I look when I need a new bag to add to my collection.  I was amazed to find a variety of backpacks, in every colour and size imaginable. I really was spoilt for choice. After much deliberation, I chose this beautiful black Whipstitch Tassel Mini Backpack for £22.

(Photos: Emma)

The reason I opted for a smaller backpack is because I think that the others can just be too big. Who needs that much room in a bag? Don't get me wrong, I love my Zoella backpack but this little purchase is quickly becoming my favourite. The tassel detail adds a cute, chic look to any outfit and if you're using it in the summer (which I definitely will be), it'll give you all the bohemian vibes. They also sell the bag in brown, so if you want to add a pop of colour to your outfit then that's the one for you. 

With a small zip compartment, it's the perfect size to fit my pink River Island purse, along with my make-up bag, a hairbrush and my phone. Oh, and not forgetting my house keys (which I normally do). It looks cute and classy for a day out with the family, or a trip to the theatre, something I've been doing a lot lately, and I think black is a safe colour for every season. It's got buttons at the side so that you can make the bag smaller and a small button at the front to close. 

It may not be the perfect bag for a day in the office, but this is quickly becoming my go-to bag for every occasion. Soon, you're going to be fed up of seeing it in outfit posts. I'll be taking it on holiday, to Uni and to work - just adding it to an outfit can dress you up or dress you down (depending on the look you're going for, obviously). 

If you're looking for a new little black backpack, which I think is a must-have in every wardrobe, or if you're just looking for a new bag in general then I highly recommend popping into your nearest New Look or having a browse online

What's your go-to bag? 

Lots of Love,
Meg
xxx



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig