12 October 2015

Lighting up Blackpool

Hello Everyone!
One of the main highlights of my year is going to see the Blackpool Illuminations. I've been going to see them since I was a little girl, so much so, it's become a tradition that we go every year. I'm not going to lie to you, every year, the lights are exactly the same: the same design; the same order; the same colours; everything. Okay maybe I'm over exaggerating there a little, there are some tiny little changes from time to time, but mostly, they are always the same. I guess that's what makes it fun to visit. 

There's always been something about going to see the lights that has fascinated me. I think I just really like all the pretty colours and the way everything changes. I love the way families always look so happy when they walk through the lights together, and as I have grown up, I love seeing how happy the kids are walking through in bewilderment. I remember when I used to be like that as a child. In my family, it's tradition that we have some fish and chips (it's something northern people have to do) and then walk through the big lights, get back into the car and then drive through the little overhead lights. If you've ever been to see the illuminations, then you'll know what I mean. 

When the lights switch on at the beginning of September, you know that Autumn is approaching. There's nothing I love more than walking along the promenade at Blackpool, wrapped up in my woolly scarf with my bobble hat and gloves. I love the smell of the sea and how spectacular the lights look when you actually get to see them up close. I always prefer to walk through the lights, one day, I'd like to walk through all of them. I don't think it'd be possible to do it in one night, but I'd love to do it in two halves. It's a dream of mine. However, the highlight of my year is seeing the teddy bears picnic. This is my favourite attraction at the lights every year and it has been since I was a little girl. It's basically a lot of teddy bears who play in a park; they swing on their swings, spin on a roundabout and slide down the slide. I know it sounds quite creepy but I promise it's not, it's the cutest thing ever. I would also like to speak about the house that sings. Yep. A house that sings. If you think I'm joking then you'll just have to go and see for yourself.

Yesterday, I went to see the illuminations with my family, and being the dedicated blogger that I am, I thought I'd bring along my camera (or my phone) and take a couple of lovely photos to upload on here. Enjoy!














Have you been to see the Blackpool Illuminations yet?
Which one of them is your favourite?

Lots of Love


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig