20 November 2015

Rimmel 'Stay Matte' Powder Review


After seeing so many different beauty bloggers rave about this powder, I thought it was about time I tried it out. I've been getting bored of the powder I was previously using; it just wasn't working for me anymore and was making my skin look shiny within the hour. 

Because there was an offer on in Superdrug, which I raved about in one of my previous blog posts, I thought that I'd treat myself to some more new make up products. I'm all about trying new things at the moment, I know my student loan won't thank me for it later, but it's always good to treat yourself (at least that's what I keep telling myself). 

So, I picked up some of the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in the colour 001 Transparent. I love Rimmel powders, it's the only drug store brand I trust because they're so affordable and always so amazing. Also, because I'm quite pale, and go for a natural make up look anyway, I chose the colour transparent because it helps to enhance this feature. Plus, when you add on bronzer and blusher, your skin gets colour anyway so it makes no difference. I always choose transparent because it's that one colour you can never go wrong with. 

I must say, I really do love this powder. It lasts for so long. I've worn it for my 9-5 days at University and my make-up has lasted all day. It's like maximum strength or something, my make-up just doesn't move and there is no sign of shine, which is the best thing. I've also just realised that that rhymed! The powder doesn't clog up pores either, which means no more blocked up skin and no more horrible spots popping up when you really don't want them too. Anyways, here's a random little fact for you, the one thing I love about this powder is the smell. It smells like summer, like sun-cream. I was applying it onto my face the other day and I was thinking "oooh something smells nice, it smells like summer in here" and when push comes to shove, it was actually my powder. I think this is why I like applying it so much, just plainly because of the smell. I know, how weird. 

If you're looking for a cheaper, alternative powder then I would definitely give this one a try. It's only £3.99 in the Rimmel sections of the drug stores which is a bargain if you ask me. Being a student on a budget, I just love products that are absolutely amazing, and work wonders, but don't break the bank. They save my life. 

What's your go-to powder?

Lots of Love,
Meg
xox



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig