8 April 2016

Weekly Update │ Travels, Pizza and Open Mic Nights

02/04/2016 - 08/04/2016

So, I thought it would be really fun to add something new on my blog. I post a lot about Disney, books and my favourite beauty products, but I think my favourite thing to blog about is what I've been up too, what I've been loving and what I've been hating. To rectify this, every Friday, I'm going to be uploading a 'Weekly Updates' Post. I hope you enjoy!

I had a very lovely start to the week this week, being re-united with my four best friends whom I spent 4 years doing drama with. We used to see each other every single day, but since we've all moved to Uni we don't get to be together as much and it's really sad. So, on Saturday, we all plodded down to Kathryn's for a Pizza night. I just love spending time with the drama girls, because honestly, we do nothing but laugh. It makes my week every time I get to see them. We watched the Saturday Night Takeaway finale with our dominoes pizza, singing along to mysterious girl with Peter Andre. I mean what more could you want to do on a Saturday night really?

I've also been doing a lot of shopping this week, we went to the most beautiful arcade in Southport where I picked up a few more items of clothing including a gorgeous striped crop top from Topshop. I just love getting my student loan paid in so I can go and buy loads of crap that I don't actually need.

Then, before I knew it, I was on my way back to the city of dreams, well, Liverpool. Not really the city of dreams as such but still pretty awesome. It's lovely to go home and spend a few weeks with the family, but I miss being here; my friends, the nightlife and of course spending every waking hour in the library. Which, is what I seem to have been doing since I've been back here. Deadline week is creeping forever closer, and I probably should be doing some work now, but here I am, writing a blog post. Priorities guys, priorities.

Looking happy, but you're dying inside because deadline week is next week!!!! 

One of the best parts of the week was being able to attend the final 'In The Red' which is an open mic night hosted by the Uni for all of the creative writing students, and pretty much anyone who wants to share their work with people. I didn't read out this time; I just can't pluck up the courage to read out some of my work to people. I'll do it next year though; I promise. It was a really great night, and seeing all the third years get emotional because they knew they were leaving made quite a big impact on me. I can't begin to tell you how quick my first year at Uni has gone, so to know that it'll be me graduating in two years is CRAZY!

I've been listening to The 1975 new album this week, and I just can't put into words how much I love it. I feel like, every time I listen to it, I just love it even more; if that's even possible. I'm also going to see The Vamps next week, which I'm soooooo looking forward too, so be expecting a blog post on that sometime next week! I've got a lot of fun stuff coming up and I can't wait to write about it and share it with everyone.

People have been annoying me this week; especially people who can't take constructive criticism. If someone asks me to look over their work, and give them feedback on how they can improve, do not go off on one when I tell you that something's not working and could do with being changed. I just hate people like that; don't ask for criticism if you can't take it!! I've also been hating teeth this week. Toothache sucks. I've been buying loads of new tooth products to try and combat it. I'm yet to go and see the dentist, because I think we all know I hate them more than anything.

Overall, I really just want to get this whole deadline thing over with. My final deadline is 22nd April, so after that I'm free! There's so much stress, and I constantly seem to be taking naps instead of actually working so I need to get myself out of that habit. Uni's so stressful, like you'd expect but I guess it'll all be worth it when you throw your cap in the air at your graduation ceremony? right?

Lots of Love
Meg
xox

Twitter | Tumblr  | Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Instagram


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig