15 April 2016

Weekly Update │ Pub Quiz, The Vamps & Puppies

09/09/2016 - 15/09/2016

It's been another crazy crazy busy week this week. I've had so much going on, and just not enough time to get everything done. 

I've been feeling very un-inspired this week, deadlines are extremely close but I'm just not motivated to write. I seem to get like this sometimes, where I just can't even begin to think about putting words on a page because I know it'll turn out the worst possible way. I've spent most of my week in the library working, panicking and crying. I just want to get this first semester of Uni over so then I can do all the things I'm already doing, without feeling guilty. 

This week was a very special week for my parents. On the 9th April, they celebrated 20 years of marriage. I don't understand how two people can stay together that long, but they inspire me that true love actually exists somewhere. Apparently, my Disney inspired card was one of the best they received; I felt extremely honored. I'm so glad the weather was so nice for them, it's really starting to feel like Spring isn't it?

Because the weather was so nice over the weekend, I decided to take a walk down at the Albert Dock. There's something about being down there that calms and inspires me. I really should make more of an effort to go down there because it's the most beautiful place to be. I don't think I could live in a more beautiful city, I'll be very honest with you. The blossom on the trees also made me very happy, I love it when the sun is shining and everyone gets their sunglasses out. Summer makes me happy. 

On Monday, I headed home for the pub quiz, which we lost by one point again, I was fuming!! Going home also involved watching embarrassing videos of me when I was younger singing 'reach for the stars' on karaoke and dancing around the living room like I'd had too much to drink. However, we also found some videos of my first time visiting Disneyland Paris with my whole family, and it's the cutest video I have ever seen. My Grandma and Grandad just look so happy to be there, and I meet Minnie Mouse for the first time. I'm getting all giddy just thinking about it!

I also got the chance to meet some beautiful Guide Dog puppies. We weren't allowed to take photos of them, for various reasons, but honestly, they were the cutest little bundles of joy. Our puppy was a little golden retriever named Hattie. I felt really bad for the other people in my group, because all Hattie wanted to do was sit on my knee for cuddles. This new 'puppy room' craze actually works for de-stressing. It made me feel extremely content and loved. I JUST LOVE DOGS! 

As you all probably know, this week I went to watch the Vamps so they're something I've been really loving. I had the album on repeat all day Tuesday getting me in the mood for the concert and still trying to get the rap right in 'Volcano'. I'm not going to go into too much detail about it because I did a whole blog post HERE. I'll just say that it was amazing though, like genuinely amazing. 

I've been loving finding new music this week, and I'm completely obsessed with a guy called Zak Abel. My friend told me to check out some of his songs, and he's been the one artist on repeat on my ipod this week. My music has really been getting me through all the stress of these deadlines. It sometimes is a bit of a distraction though, because I just want to sing along and dance but I know I can't because I'll get thrown out of the library if I do. I just can't wait for it to be summer, and summer dress weather. Please can the nice weather just hurry up?! 

Lots of Love,
Meg
xox


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig