12 October 2016

Making the most of your Blogging Experience

I've been blogging now for almost two years, and I love it more now than I did when I first started. My blog is somewhere that I can connect with people who have similar interests and also get some reassurance that I'm not the only person feeling a certain way. It's been a form of therapy for me, and I've met some incredibly amazing people because of it.

However, when I first started my blog I was extremely scared. I wouldn't share any of my posts online and I avoided talking about it with other people. I didn't have a camera and took all of my photos on my Ipod so I think I was really embarrassed that my blog didn't look as professional as everyone else. I soon realised that none of this mattered, as long as I was writing about what I loved then I could work my way up to improving the quality of the content on my blog.

So, here are five ways to make sure that you make the most out of your blogging experience.

Join in with Blogger Chats
Whatever type of blogger you are, or if you're an anything and everything blogger like me, there's a chat for every single one of you. These are the best ways to meet people who have blogs similar to yours or who share the same interests as you. It's the perfect way to direct more traffic towards your blog and you make so many new friends which is the best part about it. It's so easy to get talking to people and the chat threads are so easy to find on Twitter; just search the hashtag and I'm positive that you'll find one. Each week, a different blogger hosts and talks about everything and anything. It's so much fun and I personally really look forward to the bloggers chats that I take part in.

Make sure you're writing about what you love
It doesn't matter if your blog doesn't have a solid focus or aim; as you know, I cover every single topic on this blog, just make sure that you're writing about something that you love and something that you're passionate about. If you love the thing you're writing about then it will really show to your readers making them want to return to your blog and read some more. Don't worry about having nice photos or a nice layout, just enjoy whatever it is that you're doing. Also, don't be motivated by views and traffic; it's definitely not what matters.

Experiment
It's okay if you don't have a solid aim for your blog, just experiment with different types of posts and see which you enjoy writing the most. You'll soon find a direction for your blog to go in and once you do, it really starts getting addictive. Experimenting also goes along with themes and layout on your blog; google tutorials and take inspiration from other bloggers whom you enjoy reading. Practice making yourself logo's and banners; just keep learning and you'll soon find what vibe you love.

Use Blogging sites such as BlogLovin'
I love using Bloglovin', I think I'm just a little bit obsessed. It's the perfect place for people to see new blog posts that you've been sharing as well as for you to store all the blogs that you enjoy reading. There's nothing I enjoy more than scrolling through my bloglovin' feed on a lazy sunday afternoon and catching up with some of my favourite bloggers.

Make a plan
I find it really useful to plan what blog posts I want to write each month. It's really handy to have a schedule; so knowing that you're going to post at least one thing every week. As long as you keep your blog active then your audience is sure to grow. I also think that it's important to not write for writing's sake if that makes sense. Just make sure that you're enjoying writing the blog posts and if you don't have anything to write about then you can skip a post for a week. Don't let it stress you out; it's meant to be a hobby not a chore.

Happy Blogging!

Lots of Love,
Meg
xox

Twitter | Tumblr  | Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Instagram | YouTube

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig