23 January 2022

My 2022 Resolutions

Happy 2022!

We're just over two weeks into the new year and I hope that it's treating you all well! There's something so exciting about the buzz and motivation that comes with a new year; a chance for new achievements, adventures and memories. I only really get this feeling twice a year - either at the start of a new year or on my birthday!

I had a lovely new year with my family, we cracked open a bottle of Malibu and danced away to Nile Rodgers & Chic and obviously watched Jools Holland's Hootenanny! At the strike of midnight we opened the doors to let the old year out and welcome the new year in. As fireworks painted the sky, we stood on our driveway and the majority of our neighbours emerged from their houses, waving at each other, singing and sending well wishes for the year ahead. I haven't seen that since I was a little girl so it was really nostalgic and a beautiful way to start the new year. Since then I've spent the majority of my time going to work, getting back into the gym and focusing on my mindset - I'm grateful I'm able to do this as this time last year I was on furlough! 

I'm not going to lie, when it come to setting goals this year I didn't really know where to start. For the past few years my top goals have been to do with driving; passing my test and getting a car, both of which I've finally achieved (you'll be pleased to hear!). I suppose that's the fun of achieving your goals though, you get to work towards something new. 

Following the yearly tradition on my blog, I'm going to share my list of resolutions with you and you'll be pleased to know that only one of them is driving related. I love writing a list of things I'd like to achieve by January the following year, I really am hopeful that it's going to be a good one! 

My 2022 Resolutions

1. Make Time to Meditate & Journal 

During last years lockdown I started meditating first thing in a morning and I can't tell you how much it improved my mindset. However, when life got busy again I struggled to find the time. This year I'm making an active effort to make the time to mediate, journal, show gratitude, use affirmations and be mindful!

2. Be More Confident on the Motorway

Okay, would it really be a resolutions post from me if I didn't include something to do with driving? I've had my pink license for around six months now so I think it's about time I start to build my confidence on the motorway. I'm not going to lie, the thought of going on the motorway makes me feel incredibly anxious but I don't want to be scared of anything when it comes to driving. If I can make it to Blackpool and back on my own, I'll be happy! 

3. Self Care Sundays

It's very easy to neglect self care and taking time out for yourself which is why I'm making Sunday my 'self care day'. Whether that be doing a face mask, using a hair treatment, going for a walk, treating myself to a coffee or watching an episode of a series on Netflix, I'm making an effort to do something for me. 

4. Make Time for my Blog

I'm sure you probably noticed that I neglected my blog quite a bit last year, it was a mix of having nothing valuable to write about but also losing some confidence when it came to blogging. I opened my laptop so many times but nothing I wrote seemed to be good enough. Then I remembered why I started this blog, not for it to be perfect but to use my authentic voice to share the things that I love - so that's exactly what I'm going to do! 

5. Go on more Adventures

When I've conquered my slight fear of driving on the motorway, I want to go on some adventures this year. I want to be spontaneous. I want to take myself on little days out and have the confidence to do this both with my loved ones and independently. 

6. Make Time To Read

This is something that appears on my resolutions list every year and I'll be honest when I say I don't do very well at it. I think I set my goals too high by trying to read a certain amount of books in a year and I don't know about you, but when I feel forced to read something it's guaranteed that I won't enjoy it. This is why I'm trying to read at least 10 pages of a book every single day, but I'm also not beating myself up if I don't have the time. I'm currently reading Caroline Flack's Autobiography Storm In A C Cup and I'm really enjoying it! 

7. Invest in my Hair

Can you tell I've been watching too many haircare videos on TikTok? I've finally invested in some products from Olaplex (reviews coming soon) and my hair is already feeling so much better. After roaccutane damaged my hair, I'm really trying to invest in good quality products this year. 

8. Stick to my Boundaries

This is a really important resolution for me and one that I need to keep reminding myself. It's very easy for people to make you feel like your boundaries are 'too strict' but they're your boundaries for a reason and it's important to stick to them. I've realised that I need to stop doing things to please other people and put myself first. 

9. Focus on Self Confidence

Has the past few years knocked anyone else's self confidence or is it just me? I look at the person I was a few years ago; she was beaming with confidence and I kind of want her back which is why I'm really trying to focus on self love and self confidence this year. I am giving myself some credit though - it's been a crazy few years and it's okay if my confidence isn't what it used to be! 

10. Cleanse My Make Up Brushes

I realise this is a bit of a strange one but I'm so bad at cleansing my make up brushes regularly. It sounds absolutely disgusting but I just think it's such a chore, standing in the bathroom for half an hour washing all the brushes by hand. I'm going to make more of an effort to clean my brushes this year, maybe I can add it to one of my self care Sundays! 

However, my main goal for this year is to be happy, healthy and grateful. I want to be genuinely, intensely, consistently happy. Here's hoping for a wonderful 2022; a year that's filled with happiness, health, love, success and adventure. 

Lots of Love,
Meg x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig