8 June 2023

Twenty Five Things I Learned Being 25

 

Oh Would You Look At That, It's My Birthday!

Tomorrow I celebrate my twenty sixth year on this planet, I don't look or feel 26 but apparently that's how old I am now. This is such a weird age, I know I'm still classed as 'young' but I've got friends getting married, buying houses, starting families and then I've got friends who are travelling the world and don't even know what they're doing in life. I think I fall in between these two categories; not quite ready to settle down but also feeling the pressure to at the same time. It's either that or the fact that I finished school ten years ago, I'm now closer to my thirties and I still don't have a clue what I'm doing (lol!).

If you've stumbled across my little place on the internet then welcome to the yearly tradition where I tell you about all the weird and wonderful things I've learned in the past year. Twenty five has been a strange yet lovely year; I've made new friends, worked on my confidence and I finally saw Singin' in the Rain live which was incredible. I can honestly say I'm proud of myself this year and it always baffles me that my birthday has come around so quickly.

So without further ado, here are 25 things I learned in my twenty fifth year!

1) Vinted Is The Best Place To Buy Clothes

Yes it's true, I spend most of my time (and money) on Vinted and I have absolutely no shame. The bargains you can pick up on there are unbelievable and I'm not kidding when I say you'll find nicer stuff than on the High Street. I never thought I'd be a Vinted shopper but I am and I'm obsessed! 

2) Prioritise What Is Important

I sometimes find myself feeling overwhelmed and trying to do everything at once so learning to prioritise is really important. This is something that I'm still learning and I'm pleased to say I'm getting better at. 

3) Spin Classes Are So Much Fun

This year I took the plunge, built up my confidence and started a new gym class. I'm the kind of girl who stays in her comfort zone at the gym so trying a new class was slightly daunting. However I'm so glad I did, I absolutely love my morning spin classes. 

4) Appreciate Your Single Years

The way I see it, you'll never have this much time to focus and work on yourself, embrace it. 

5) Rosemary Oil Is Incredible For Hair Growth

Yes, I've jumped on the rosemary oil trend and trust me it is worth the hype. I've been using the Grows-Mary hair oil by Hair Syrup for a few months and my new hair growth is insane!

6) Don't Feel Guilty For Not Going To The Gym

It's okay to skip a gym class if you're not feeling it, there's nothing to feel guilty about.

7) Book Your Holidays With A Travel Agent

Getting a travel agent makes the holiday booking process so much easier. They find you the perfect holiday, always have great recommendations and take care of everything for you. I think there's a sense of nostalgia when booking a holiday with a travel agent, it always reminds me of being younger. 

8) Sometimes You Just Need To Turn The Music Up And Dance

I promise you'll feel better for it.

9) Don't Undervalue Your Creativity

I've noticed that some people are willing to use your creative skills for free. I know how much time and effort creative tasks take so (unless it's on a voluntary basis) don't feel bad for asking for a fee for your time, you've earned it!

10) Apple Refurbished Is Amazing

If you absolutely love your Apple products (as I do) then you need to check out Apple's refurbished section. They have some amazing discounts and the products are basically new.

11) Put Yourself Out There More

It's all about attending that event on your own, talking to those people at your gym class and posting on that Facebook group to meet up with someone new. It's the best and probably the only way to make new pals these days. 

12) Anyone Would Be Lucky To Have You

If someone else can't appreciate how wonderful you are, then that's their problem.

13) The Simpler The Skincare Routine The Better

You know I love all things skincare and I can honestly say the minute I simplified my skincare routine, got rid of all the random serums and creams, my skin really thanked me for it. 

14) If It Challenges Your Boundaries Then It Probably Isn't For You

This one speaks for itself.

15) There's No Need To Rush, Enjoy Where You're At Now

It's so easy to get caught up in thinking about our next move that we forget to appreciate where we are now and how far we've come. It could be a pressure from society that makes us forget that we are still only young and we don't have to have everything figured out yet. 

16) Karaoke Is Addictive

Once I've got up and sang one song, there's no getting me off.

17) You Don't Need To Take On Other People's Problems

I'm not saying that you can't be there to support them but it's important that you protect your own energy and look after yourself too. There's only so many times you can give the same advice. 

18) Think About Your Reaction Before You React

Sometimes the best thing you can do is pause, take a moment and think about the way you react to things. It's important to remember that some things (and people) don't deserve your attention or a reaction.

19) It's Not About What You Do, It's Who You're With

I truly believe that as long as you're surrounding yourself with the right people then you don't need to be doing expensive things all the time, just being around them is fun enough.

20) Celebrate The Little Wins

We're always so quick to celebrate the big wins in life that we forget to celebrate the little wins too. You've done that drive you've always been scared to do? Celebrate it. You saved up to buy something new? Treat yourself. You tried a new gym class? You're smashing it. It's important to celebrate our own little wins and also the little wins of our friends too.

21) You Need A Powder Puff In Your Make Up Bag

If you want flawless under eyes then you need to invest in some loose powder and a powder puff, thank me later.

22) Primark & Aldi Do The Best Make Up Dupes

If you're searching for the best high end make up dupes then Primark and Aldi are the places to be. Not only are the dupes incredible but they're all amazing prices too! The Primark vitamin enriched moisturising primer is an absolute favourite of mine. 

23) No One Has Perfect Skin

Literally everyone has imperfections, flaws and scars. Social media is a lie in so many ways, stop comparing yourself and the way you look to filtered photos on a screen. Remember, lighting is everything in photographs. We're all beautiful in our own way.

24) I Need To Start Giving People A Chance

I need to realise that not everyone is out to get me.

25) There's So Much To Be Grateful For

As I said, it's all about being grateful and thankful for the little things; whether it be random laughter, finding a new outfit you love or a great cup of coffee. Your whole mindset changes when you realise you have something to be grateful for.

I can't wait to celebrate with my family and friends tomorrow.
And so we embark on the next chapter; Here's to 26!

Lots of Love,
Meg x



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig