5 February 2023

My 2023 Resolutions


Happy 2023!

Can you believe we're in February already!? It feels as though it was January forever whilst also feeling as though it's flying by. Regardless I hope that the new year is treating you all well and that you're all feeling positive about the year ahead. 

I had a lovely new year with my friend Chloe, drinking cocktails, watching some classic Disney Channel Originals and singing the entire High School Musical discography in her hot tub until 4am. So far it's been a busy start to the year for me, hence why this post is so late. I've been to see The 1975 on their UK tour which was incredible, I've been catching up with friends and trying to get back into a good gym routine. 

A new year is the perfect time to set some new goals and although I know you can do this at any time of the year, there's something about a new year and the motivation it brings with it that makes it the perfect time to focus on what you want to achieve. I only really get this motivational feeling twice a year - in January and on my birthday. 

That being said, following the yearly tradition on my blog, I'm going to share my list of resolutions with you. I love writing a list of things I'd like to achieve by January the following year - some of them may seem daft but it just goes to show that goals don't have to be big things, you can have small goals too just as long as you're working towards something that makes you happy!

Now, I know this post is a little late but take it as your sign that it's never too late to start setting goals and working towards something new! 

My 2023 Resolutions

1. Buy More Things On Vinted

I've become such a second hand shopper recently; 90% of the time you'll find me scrolling through Vinted looking for a bargain. If you're not signed up to Vinted yet then why not!? You can get the most amazing pieces from your favourite brands at a fraction of the price, most have only been worn a few times and are basically new. I've picked up some gorgeous Gym Shark sportswear, ZARA co-ords and ASOS jumpers, plus I've even got my Mum hooked on it too. It's the new sustainable way to shop and I'm making more of an effort to shop pre-loved this year, I've even got a Vinted parcel to go and collect as I write! 

2. Be On Time

Those of you who know me will know that I have terrible time keeping and am late to everything - if you need me there at 7, expect me at half past. I know it's not the best trait to have as it's a pet peeve when people are late for me, which is why I'm making an active effort to try to be on time this year. Believe it or not, it's actually going well! 

3. Try A New Gym Class

I want to try and push myself out of my comfort zone when it comes to the gym this year. I mainly attend gym classes and rotate between the same four classes every week which I love, however I want to attend a spin class as it's something I've always wanted to try but felt daunted by. I know those first gym class nerves are something that everyone gets and as soon as I've been once I'll be absolutely fine, and I might even enjoy it too! 

4. Do More Things Independently

I've always been someone who values her independence but since the pandemic, I found myself not wanting to do things on my own. Last year I started going to the theatre on my own instead of waiting around for someone to ask me to go or for someone to want to see the same shows as me. It was a really empowering thing to do, so this year I want to make more of an effort to take myself on little self-date days and be comfortable in my own company again. 

5. Try Not To Let Others Affect Your Mindset

This is a big resolution this year and one that I know I'm going to have to work hard towards. I'm the kind of person who takes on other peoples problems in a bid to make them feel better and make things right. Although in some ways this is a good trait to have, I realise how much my mindset needs protecting. It's so easy to pick up on someone else's negative energy so I'm trying to get the balance between helping people but also protecting my own energy. 

6. Get Better At Cooking

Okay I'll admit, I'm not the best cook in the world (although I do make a great pizza and chips). I used to cook for myself all the time at Uni but since graduating and moving home, I just don't cook as much as I used to - that and the fact I have an irrational fear of gas stoves. I'm determined to not only overcome my fear but also practice cooking more! 

7. Make Time To Read

I'm really trying to get back into reading this year and start enjoying it again. I've got so many unread books on my shelf so I'm hoping to finally get round to reading some of them this year!

8. Focus On Improving My Mental Health

I've always been very open about my mental health on my blog, at first this was a place where I could talk about my anxiety freely without judgement in hopes that someone could relate. In recent years I have had some dips in my mental health, I don't really know where they've come from but I'm working towards overcoming them and not letting them take control.

9. Have A Good Morning Routine

Going back to my point about always being late to things, I think part of this stems from not having a good morning routine. The first thing I do when I wake up is usually check my phone which then leads to scrolling through TikTok and Instagram until I realise that I'm running late and end up rushing to get ready. I'm really trying to stop this habit and set in place a good morning routine, and even make time for breakfast which is something I don't always do.

10. Spend Less Time On Social Media

Following on nicely from my last point, I'm really trying to spend less time scrolling through socials. Don't get me wrong, I love keeping up to date with what people are doing however it can be a place of toxic comparison, especially in your twenties when everyone is doing different things. As soon as I find myself comparing to other people, I'm taking a break from socials and I'm going to do some reading! Also, side note: was anyone else literally obsessed with checking Molly Mae's instagram to see if she'd had her baby or was that just me? 

However, my main goal for this year is to be happy and healthy. I want to be genuinely, intensely, consistently happy. Here's hoping for an amazing 2023; a year filled with adventure, health, love, success and happiness. 

Lots of Love,
Meg x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig