9 November 2015

Lights that go Bang!

 Hello Everyone!
Bonfire Night is one of my favourite nights of the year. If you're not aware of what this is, it's basically a night where people set off a lot of fireworks in celebration of the day that Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament in London. Not really something happy to celebrate, but that's the British for you. 

When I was younger, Bonfire Night was a massive deal for my family. We would always go out and buy fireworks, my Grandma and Grandad would come round with their homemade hotpot and we would congregate in the garden whilst Dad attempted to make an award winning fireworks display. The sparklers were always my favourite part of the night, I loved trying to write my name. I felt like a fairy with a wand, and I used to run around casting magic spells on people. Imagination is a wonderful thing. Then, we got my little pooch, and the firework celebrations had to stop. Buster gets very scared of all the loud bangs, so for the past couple of years, our Bonfire Nights have been spent cuddling the dog and making sure that he's okay. 

This year, as most of you know, I moved to University. So, when I found out that Seton Park would be holding their annual firework display, I dragged Molly along to come and see them with me. This was the first time I'd been to an organised Bonfire Night display so I was excited to say the least. After getting lost and having a 20 minute walk to the park, we finally arrived and took our place on the crowded field ready for the display. The weather was freezing cold, and it had been raining earlier in the day so the field was very slippy. It was kind of like being on an ice rink. 

Heart Radio kept us company for the hour that we had to wait, playing songs that got everyone dancing, well when I say everyone, I mean mostly me. I'm one of those people that if my favourite song comes on, in any public place, I will probably do some form of dance and embarrass everyone who's with me. Oh and I wonder why I don't have any friends. Watching all the children run around the field, gazing in bewilderment at the sparklers, it really took me back to my childhood. 

And then, the moment everyone had been waiting for. The dramatic music began and the first loud bang echoed through the park. The sky was illuminated with colour as the different fireworks were set off to some of the biggest songs of 2015 such as Uptown Funk, Summer, Writing on the Wall and to my complete satisfaction, Let It Go. There's just something about fireworks that enchants me. The way they make everyone happy, the way they make the sky look pretty; I just think that they're wonderful. The hour wait, and the 20 minute journey, was definitely worth it. I can't begin to put into words how beautiful it was to watch. It's amazing how something so simple can bring joy to so many. 

I tried to take some photos of the night, Enjoy!










What did you do on Bonfire Night?
Lots of Love,
Meg
xox

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig