31 December 2015

2015 Highlights

Happy New Year Beautiful People!
 It makes me feel very happy that I'm sat here, able to write another blog post about another incredible year. A wonderful year I never ever imagined. I find it very weird to think that this time last year I was writing my 2014 highlights, and we hadn't even booked to go on holiday to Disney! I never thought that this year was going to be as good as it was, but I knew it was going to be a year of memories and a lot of hard work. It was the year I finally left full time education, the year I became an adult and the year that I sat the most important exams in my life which would get me to where I am now. So, without me rambling on any further, here are my 2015 highlights!

I'm going to start at the beginning; obviously the best place to start. 
My first highlight of 2015 was being able to play Frenchy in Grease with the most amazing cast I could have ever asked for. It was honestly a dream come true, and it really helped me to believe in myself. It was the perfect last performance at my college and I was able to share the stage with my best friends. I couldn't have asked for a better event to kick off the year! 



 Next up is the many 18th's I went to this year!
Seeing all of my friends turn into adults, and be able to celebrate with them, was a lovely thing to experience. Every single party I was invited to was an absolute blast, and I know the memories I made will stay with me for a very very long time. 

Then it was out trip to Chester Zoo,
This was one of the funniest days of the year, even if I did almost get attacked by a chimpanzee. It was one of those random little trips that no one expected, but it was one of the best days out we'e ever had!

 One of the things I'm going to miss the most about this year is performing as a sunnyways holiday rep with my four favourite girls. Being able to bring joy to peoples lives with our stupidity and our own piece of work meant the world to all of us. When we did our last performance together, I was so upset. This was definitely one of the best moments of the year for me. 



Next thing, we were leaving college. Our exams were done and it was the start of an amazing summer and a very big wait until we got our results. It was a very emotional day, after spending seven years together we were finally saying goodbye. If anything, it brought us closer together as friends, and I think this year, we really realized who we had true friendships with. 

Then, it was my turn to become an adult!
My 18th was, by far, my favourite night of the year. I had all of my friends and family in one room, celebrating a happy occasion. Everyone was so happy, and dancing and I have never felt so much love in one room. Having my girls with me was the best feeling. But my favourite part was being able to end the night on New York New York by Frank Sinatra, with everyone around me in a big circle singing along and kicking their legs along to the tune. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking back. 

A couple of weeks before we departed for Disney, my friends and I went camping in the middle of the Lake District for a few days. This was hilarious. We went swimming in the stream, made friends with a little dog and spent the most of our nights looking at the stars and playing cards against humanity. I absolutely loved this experience and the fact that it was with my best friends made it even better! 




You know what's coming now don't you?
DISNEY!!!!
This was 100% my favourite part of this year. Getting to go to the most magical place in the world with my lovely friends, and meet so many amazing characters. It was just an experience I can't even put into words. I loved every single moment of it. 

I feel like this moment needed it's own special section.
This year, my dreams came true, and I went to Neverland with my favourite lost boy. I finally met my childhood idol; Peter Pan. And he was everything I dreamed he would be and more. It makes me so happy to know that I've finally completed my life goal of meeting him and speaking to him.
"Be Brave Meg, and never ever grow up. Promise?" "I promise." 

After the most amazing holiday of my life, we went on what wasn't really the best holiday but still a memorable one all the same. Our yearly trip to Cornwall was one of hospital trips, surfing and sunbathing on the beach but still beautiful. I can't wait to go next year!

After a three month wait, myself and these gorgeous girls passed our A-Levels and headed off to University. It was such a proud moment for us all, and definitely one of the best nights of the year in terms of big big celebrations! 

And before I knew it, I was whisked away to Liverpool. This is where I met some amazing people; people I can't actually imagine my life without now. Choosing to move away and go to study something I love at University was definitely the best decision I made this year. I love Liverpool.






Here are some lovely, very flattering, photos of me and my favourite muppets at Uni. I absolutely love these guys and meeting them was definitely one of the best things to happen to me this year!

This year was the year I got my first real job working for Disney Store. This was an incredible achievement for me. I can't believe that at the age of 18 I can say that I've worked as a cast member for the famous Walt Disney Company and hopefully maybe one day, I'll be able to say I've worked in some of their parks!

And finally, London. Although this was only a few days ago, going to see Jersey Boys and spending the day in London with my mum was a lovely experience, something we will never ever forget! 

Overall, I can truly say that this has been my favourite year ever. So much has happened what has changed me for the better. Here's to 2016 being even better!

Lots of Love
Meg 
xox


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig