22 May 2016

Weekly Update │Wolverhampton, Reunions & New Specs




14/05/2016 - 20/05/2016

This week has been very exciting; I've had a lot of time to reflect on the things that matter to me and thanks to the help of my wonderful friends, I'm learning to delete negative energy from my life. I've been all about positive vibes this week and although I've had my down moments, it's really helped to keep me grounded and happy. At this moment, things seem to be falling into place and they're actually starting to make sense. I can see people getting happier and that makes me happy too. 

│Loving│
This week Charlotte, Liv and I went to see our friend Kathryn in her University performance. We travelled all the way to Wolverhampton to be able to support her and honestly I've never been so proud. It felt strange at first, because we're so used to being on stage together but once we got over that we cheered and danced along with her. We got her some flowers and a card as a way of saying congratulations and in true Kathryn style, she cried. Every time I've given her flowers she's cried; it must be something we're doing wrong. 

I'd like to take this moment to say how much I love Wolverhampton. I've visited once before but didn't get to see as much of it as I would have liked. I was expecting it to be a complete dump but it's actually really lovely; it's much nicer compared to where I'm from. We found the most beautiful gardens outside the Arena Theatre and it felt like we were in a different part of the world. We'll definitely be going back to visit Wolverhampton and Kathryn very soon. 

If you want to see all of the things we got up to in Wolverhampton, including our emotional reunion with Kathryn, then check out our VLOG

Hating│
If there's one thing that's really been getting on my nerves this week, it's people who can't take no for an answer. I just wish people would respect your decisions and support you in what you choose to do instead of having to push for what they want you to do or make you feel guilty for saying no. My happiness is more important than your expectations of me. 

I've also been hating bullying this week. I think it's absolutely disgusting how someone can be made to feel so small and ridiculous by a group of people who think they're better than everyone else. I genuinely feel sorry for them; their lives are so boring and pathetic that they have to pick on someone else just to bring themselves a little bit of joy. Seriously, grow up. 

│Listening│
There has been one song that has been on repeat for me this week and that song is 'Hair' by Little Mix. I've not been able to stop singing it, I didn't actually like it at first for some bizarre reason but now I just can't stop listening to it! 

│Wearing│
In last week's update, I mentioned that I had been for my eyes tested and spent £50 on some new glasses. I went to pick my glasses up this week and when the optician called me over to try them on, I looked in the mirror and thought "What the hell have I chosen?". This always happens. Anyway,I got them home, wore them around the house for a bit and now I actually really really like them. I think they suit me much more than my old glasses did, although Mum thinks I look like a librarian. 

│Eating│
Again, a lot of jacket potatoes have been consumed by me this week.
We went into Starbucks quite a lot this week, once in Wolverhampton and then again to meet our friend Rach who'd come home for the weekend. I'm so completely obsessed with the Starbucks s'mores chocolate and marshmallow frappucino. It's one of the nicest drinks in the history of ever, it makes me sad they're going to take it off the drinks menu soon. 

│Feeling│
A mixture of happy and proud. 
It's been so nice to be re-united with my friends from home, it makes me realise how much I miss being around them but also how strong our friendship is. We can go a month without speaking because of hectic Uni life but when we meet up, it's like we never stopped speaking which is lovely. Being able to watch Kathryn perform this week made me so proud; she's so talented and is definitely going far. 

│Moment│
The highlight of this week for me has been being able to go to Wolverhampton. We felt like we were going on a little holiday and seeing Kathryn's reaction when she saw us with flowers was the cutest thing. I also made a lot of new friends as we got to meet all of Kathryn's flatmates. I love meeting new people, it's so much fun! 

Lots of Love,
Meg
xox

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig