6 June 2016

Weekly Update | Dancing, Beaches & Trafford Centre





28/05/2016 - 03/06/2015

I can't believe we're in June already; I'm 19 in less than a week! I remember getting ready for my 18th this time last year, and it only feels like it was yesterday. I hate how quickly the months go by, it'll be Christmas before we know it. The weather took a wonderful turn this week and I spent a lot of my time making the most of the sunshine. 

| Loving |
On Sunday, my Parents and I went to take part in a charity event in Blackpool. The whole aim of the event was to get as many people northern soul dancing on the comedy carpet in order to beat a world record and raise money for Cancer Research UK. My Mum and Dad are massive soulies, so I was brought up on this music. Although, I didn't know half of the songs and I felt like a bit of a loon but it was all in good spirits. To see everyone dancing to songs they loved just had something electric about it. It felt amazing to be part of something so significant. As to if we broke the world record, I am completely unaware. 

The fact that we went to Blackpool meant that I got to spend some time doing what I love; sitting by the sea. The weather was absolutely beautiful, and it was so nice to just sit and take in everything. I wish we lived closer to the beach, I'd never be away! Speaking of beaches, the whole fam took a trip to the beach on Monday for a little day out. I'm not sure where the beach was, or how we ended up there but it was a beautiful day and I spent a lot of my time playing with Buster in the sea. 

| Hating |
I've been feeling extremely anxious this week and I don't know why. I've really not been feeling like myself and I have had various panic attacks throughout the week. The worst part is trying to act like you're okay because no one really knows what to do. My Mum has been an absolute angel and done everything in her power to help me stay calm and happy. I think I can sense my anxiety getting worse; I thought I'd got to the stage where I could control it but maybe it's just something that can't be controlled. I don't know. 

| Listening |
My Summer playlist has made a return, and this week I've been listening to a lot of stuff that's pretty chill. I loooove The Vamps cover of Sweater Weather so I've been listening to that a lot; it seriously reminds me of being in Cornwall; I listened to it loads the other year when we were down there. 

| Wearing |
Again I've been wearing a lot of shorts, t-shirts and summer dresses this week. One thing I'm completely obsessed with is scrunchies! I'm so glad they're making a return because they take me back to my Primary School days and I like that a lot. I picked some up from New Look when Charlotte and I went to the Trafford Centre on Friday and I've been loving wearing them. They look super cute. 

In terms of make up, I've been really loving the 'Miss Sporty Stay Perfect Concealer' and there will be a review coming on that very soon so stay tuned! 

| Eating |
I've been super unhealthy this week and I've had a lot of McDonalds. Is it just me, or does anyone else think that McDonalds banana milkshakes are the best thing to be invented? Despite me being quite unhealthy, I have found a new love for watermelon. It's so refreshing and I love it! 

| Feeling |
Apart from feeling anxious, mostly I've been okay. I'm just grateful to be surrounded by amazing family and friends. Being able to sit by the beach and play with the dog made me so happy, I feel like I need to make up time with them because I've been away studying so much. 

| Moment |
Without a doubt, the highlight of the week for me was...wait for it...WINNING THE PUB QUIZ. On Monday night, our team plodded up to our local pub and with a wonderful 47/50, won the pub quiz. I have never felt so proud in my entire life. My Dad walked home singing 'We Are the Champions' and told everyone he saw. However, what he didn't tell them was that before we won the quiz, he thought that the famous Leonardo DiCaprio was in fact the leader of the Conservative Party. I don't know what we're going to do with him, I honestly don't. 

Lots of Love,
Meg
xox

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig