20 August 2018

The Staple Summer Dress

Hasn't the summer been amazing?
England may have missed out on the World Cup Final and the government may still be a shambles, but there's no denying that the weather has been glorious. I've finally been able to dig out my pretty summer dresses and style some cute outfits that I'd only dream of wearing abroad. 

Summer fashion is fun and easy. I love all the bright colours, glittery sandals and floaty dresses. I don't have to think about being too cold, everything looks great with a denim jacket and a simple summer dress will see me right for a shopping trip with the girls followed by a night in the beer garden. What's not to love?

I don't know about you but I seem to spend most of my time scrolling through ASOS. It was on one of these scrolling sessions that I came across this Frill Detail Mini Sundress. Luckily for me, it was payday so I couldn't resist treating myself - it was too cute to leave!

Polka dot print has been a massive trend this summer and I am living for it. My wardrobe is polka dot heaven so the minute I saw this dress, I knew it would be the perfect addition. It's definitely a dress style that I would normally choose however, I was unsure about the low neck. As I'm petite, a low neck isn't something I can usually pull off so you can imagine how happy I was when I tried it on and it looked super cute! 

The dress is a little shorter than I expected but the pretty frills and cute print make for the perfect girly summer item. It has adjustable straps, so the low neck wasn't as much of an issue and the floaty style has been keeping me cool during these warm summer days we've been having. From the minute I tried the dress on, I fell in love. I just wanted to twirl around my room like a princess (no exaggeration). It's my favourite summer purchase this year and it was so much fun to style. 

Photos by Emma

Since I've finished Uni, I seem to spend more time in Liverpool than I ever did when I was a student. Emma and I met up in the city and strolled down to the Docks for a coffee. It was such a beautiful day. The carousel was playing hits by the Beatles, tourists flocked to have their photos taken in front of the Liver Buildings and I almost paid £3 for an ice cream. 

My outfit of choice was inspired by the legendary Audrey Hepburn. Her effortlessly chic style is something I try to reciprocate, even though no one could ever be as beautiful as she was. I styled my dress with a pair of black sandals and my little black backpack. You'd have thought that white sandals would have looked cute but they just didn't look right. The black was the perfect contrast and I think I pulled it off. 

I really hope the polka dot trend never dies! 


What's been your favourite summer trend?

Lots of Love,
Meg
xxx






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig