14 May 2016

Weekly Update │ Meditation, Eye Tests & Sunshine





07/05/2016 - 13/05/2016

This year is going so quickly, and it's only dawned on me this past week. I have a month left of being an 18 year old; I'm growing up and I really don't want too. I've had a lot of time to reflect this week; trying to find out who I am again and get back on track with positivity. A lot of you really enjoyed reading my 'Late Night Ramblings' post from the other week, and that means so much to me. I really appreciate all the love and support I got because of it; and I'm also really glad some of you agreed with what I had to say! 

│Loving│
I've been seriously loving the whole chill vibe this week. We went to the Kadampa Meditation Centre in Ulverston at the weekend and it was so peaceful and calming. I've spoken about it on my blog before, but every time I return it still makes me feel so content with life. I spent most of my day walking through the forest and sat on the beach with my writing journal. It was so peaceful to sit and listen to the waves crash against the pebbles as I wrote down some inspiration for new stories that I'm planning. It's so nice to be writing things that I want to write and not to please my lecturers; it made me realise why I'm doing the degree I chose and how much I love it. 

I also went to go and get my eyes tested this week, and ended up paying £50 (which I don't have) for new glasses. After making me look at a balloon whilst they puffed air into my eye, and falling off the chair, we established that I am more blind than I was two years ago and that my eye sight is pretty shocking for my age. But it was all worth it in the end because I loved being able to pick out new glasses; it's one of the things I look forward too each year (I know, how sad!).


Hating│
Despite being able to go and do some meditation at the Buddhist Temple this week, I've been feeling pretty low. I have periods when I'm the happiest little ray of sunshine, but mostly at night when I'm in bed and over thinking, I just put myself in a really bad mood. I need to get myself out of this habit and accept that what happens in life happens for a reason. 

Results day was announced this week, and I'm very very nervous to see what the tutors thought of my writing. Even to this day, I hate sharing my writing with people so I'm dreading to hear what they all think about it. Speaking of University, I really don't want to have to leave my flat. That room is my room; it's seen me cry, be happy and stumble in after spending a night at the Pilgrim. It makes me feel weird that someone else is going to be in that room next year, like get off my turf. 

│Listening│
The weather has been beautiful this week, so my summer playlist has made a return. I've been spending a lot of my time sat in the garden with my speaker playing the best summer tunes. My personal favourite this week has been the new single from Justin Timberlake 'Can't Stop the Feeling'. It's such a feel good summer song; it makes me want to get up and have a boogie. 

│Wearing│
My shorts and dresses have made a return this week, I've been getting my legs out to try and get started with a little bit of a tan. I'm so happy I've been able to get my summer wardrobe back out again; I always feel prettier in summer clothes, is that just me? 

│Eating│
Jacket potatoes.
Why didn't I discover these things before? I mean I knew that existed but oh my goodness they are beautiful creations. I've been eating so many of them this week, I'm surprised I haven't turned into one myself. This is another sign I'm turning into an old woman; I'm obsessing over jacket potatoes. Someone help, please. 

│Feeling│
Proud. My friend told me this week that she's making a big life choice and is considering starting University after taking a year out. I can't put into words how proud I am of her; it takes a lot of guts to do what she's doing and I just hope it's all she wants it to be and that all of her dreams come true! 

│Moment│
The highlight of this week has been being able to meditate at the Kadampa Centre. It was such a beautiful experience, and I would do it over and over again if I could. I just like being able to sit, relax and let all my worries melt away for a little while. 

Here's to a better week next week!

Lots of Love,
Meg
xox



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig